Four Brothers, Pulled Pork Sliders, Peach Bourbon Baked Beans and ABT’s

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I haven’t been reading or posting on the board much the last 2 to 3 weeks (sorry about that) as we’ve been super busy getting ready for my oldest brother and sister in-law to come out for a week on vacation. For me to take a vacation I must put in crazy hours before and after it. (Before the vacation to make sure everything is done and after to catch up on everything I was able to put off and everything that came in while I was gone) Well, now that they are on the plane flying back to Oklahoma, and I can breathe again, I’ll post some pictures of our vacation.

They were supposed to fly into John Wayne on Friday the 10th but the plane they were on had some mechanical problems. They sat on the tarmac for a few hours and then were asked to de-plane. They were told that they would not be able to fly out that day. My brother asked if they could make any flights to Southern California. They were told that they had a flight into San Diego but why would that matter? He told them that I lived in the San Diego area and could pick them up so they reluctantly rerouted them to San Diego. He called us to tell us of the change in plans and we picked them up at San Diego International at 11:30 P.M.. Unfortunately they were missing the checked bag from the first plane. They had planned on staying with one of my brothers in the L.A. area. (Obviously that didn’t work out) We were going to meet up with them half way between us at the Dana Point Marina but because of the missing bag we ended up BBQ’ing at my place.

Remember this cook?

I wanted to recreate it for this get together.

So I cooked up a Pork Picnic roast and the sausage for the Peach Bourbon Baked Beans on Friday. Here’s the Picnic ready to get rubbed down.

As I was skinning it, Husker didn’t know what to think so he started barking at it.
laugh.png

Now some Molasses and rub.

Got the kamado filled up, added some Peach wood chunks and lit it.

Let it heat up to 220 and put everything on.

Once the bark had set and the IT reached 165 I placed it in an aluminum pan with some apple juice and BBQ sauce, covered with foil and put it back in. (I bumped up the temp to 310)

And here it is pulled and ready for the sliders on Saturday.

On Saturday morning I made the Peach Bourbon Baked Beans. Here are the bacon, onion and bell peppers getting happy.

Add the sausage, garlic and bourbon.

Add everything else and on the kamado with some Peach wood.

And they are done.

Here is my brother and myself making some ABT’s

On the grill.

No plated shots (much too busy) but after we ate, the four brothers are able to visit. (All four of us had not been together for 16 years)

It was a beautiful day of family, great food and visiting.

Thanks for looking.

Looks really nice. Great looking food.
Then you had a few beers....
How 'bout pics of the late-nite brawl like in the old days? :)

What a great reunion!! Food looks fantastic too. :thumb:

Nothing like getting together remembering and making new memories.

Back