Boston Butt Score

RT

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I had two in the freezer but couldn't pass on 69 cents a pound, so now there are four in the freezer. Glad to see some of the meat prices dropping here, scored a 14 pound choice brisket for $1.97 a pound.

Think it is time to fire up the pit!

.69 cents you stole it. Smoked pork butt can never get enough. Works really well in gumbo and red beans and rice.

• Thanks
Reactions: RT
For the Texas Brethren who have an HEB near by, check them out. My local one has had packers for 1.97/pound. Talked to one of the meat guys yesterday, and he said that price will stay for a while. Pork butts are 1.29/pound, and he said that sometime after the holidays those should drop back to less than 1.00/pound.

I've been trying to get my wife to move to the south. What all of you pay for your meats is just crazy. Until I found RD, I was paying outrageous prices. $7/lb brisket and sometimes $3/lb for butts. Not at least I'm down to $2.69/lb and $1.49/lb respectively.

.69 cents you stole it. Smoked pork butt can never get enough. Works really well in gumbo and red beans and rice.

Gumbo is one of my favorite meals but have never tried smoked pork in it. I can see one in the future.:clap2:

I've been trying to get my wife to move to the south. What all of you pay for your meats is just crazy. Until I found RD, I was paying outrageous prices. $7/lb brisket and sometimes $3/lb for butts. Not at least I'm down to $2.69/lb and $1.49/lb respectively.
It's not the south. It is Texas/Louisiana south. I live in GA and there is no such thing as $2 brisket anywhere near me. We do have cheap pork butts occasionally but never any cheap beef. :mad:

Good score, glad they're dropping their, not here yet, still $2.39 a pound.

Gumbo is one of my favorite meals but have never tried smoked pork in it. I can see one in the future.:clap2:

Ran out of Jacob's Andouille. Tossed in the next best thing and grabbed some smoked pork butt from my stash in the freezer.
:thumb:

• Thanks
Reactions: RT
Back