14" WSM find. Your thoughts?

allboy

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So I was at a wallyworld and noticed a price of $80.00 on a WSM. well, I'm not sure I can turn that down. So I grabbed it. Having way too many bbq/smokers like many of you, I can't turn down a deal.

I would be interested in opinions on this smoker for those that use one. Any tips, or tricks I should know? I have read in the past that 8 hours is the limit on cook times. How much meat will one hold? Can I use it to grill?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 139
You can do this. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=220875

I love my little 14.5. I have run mine for 8 hours many times in the summer and had plenty of fuel left. I have not tried it but I really believe you could smoke a 10# butt without adding fuel. I cooked the ribs in the post above as well as a fattie and had room to spare. Smoker was at 250 for over 6 hours and only used a little over half the fuel. The ring was rounded full when I started. If you had rib racks I think you could cook 4 full racks of spares or you could curl them around and throw a skewer through them and cook more. Quality wise the Minnie will produce as good a product as any smoker made.

P.S. I have 3 WSM's and would not have been able to turn that deal down.

I like the size. It will be coming with me on hunting trips. Amazing how good of a job Weber does on packing these. I will have to find a rib rack for it

So I was at a wallyworld and noticed a price of $80.00 on a WSM. well, I'm not sure I can turn that down. So I grabbed it. Having way too many bbq/smokers like many of you, I can't turn down a deal.

I would be interested in opinions on this smoker for those that use one. Any tips, or tricks I should know? I have read in the past that 8 hours is the limit on cook times. How much meat will one hold? Can I use it to grill?

Smart man and a good buy. I'll take two please :becky:

It's my go-to cooker. It's just wifey & me. It does a great job. I made a stacker & hanging rack for it. Have hung a small full packer in it & then finished it wrapped on the top grate.
Super thrifty to operate.

You can do this. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=220875

I love my little 14.5. I have run mine for 8 hours many times in the summer and had plenty of fuel left. I have not tried it but I really believe you could smoke a 10# butt without adding fuel. I cooked the ribs in the post above as well as a fattie and had room to spare. Smoker was at 250 for over 6 hours and only used a little over half the fuel. The ring was rounded full when I started. If you had rib racks I think you could cook 4 full racks of spares or you could curl them around and throw a skewer through them and cook more. Quality wise the Minnie will produce as good a product as any smoker made.

P.S. I have 3 WSM's and would not have been able to turn that deal down.

it will absolutely cook a 10lb butt with no added fuel. I do it all the time. I absolutely love my baby. She even has a permanent seat in the RV. :thumb:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184584

I don't have one and I have looked at the minis that folks have made. Will the WSM 14 replace some of the mini builds? Just for conversation.

I bought my 14.5 for 49$ close out at WalMart. They had four. I went back the next day they were 159$ and were still at that price a couple weeks ago.

Mine is unopened still in the box.

Back