• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Bought a Cajun Injector Smoker

Wesman61

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Saw these on sale at Sportman's Warehouse for $79 and decided to try it out. What is the consensus on these? There's isn't a charcoal basket but I have a couple I can use.

0002217401937_500X500.jpg

There isn't any measurements and I haven't assembled it yet but it is definitely smaller than a UDS. It has hanging hooks for chicken and says it'll do 4 chickens at once.

I'd buy one for that price...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF_I0EOp-Mw"]Cajun Injector 3-in-1 Chicken Cooker - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Hopefully I'll get it together this evening and post some pics and answer any questions. I should be able to burn it in tomorrow and maybe cook some chicken.

I was at the store checking out smoking wood and they had it setting there. For that price I had to bite.

I like the fact that the sections come apart. Makes transport easy. I wonder if you could get a UDS that does this :confused:

I saw these at Academy a couple of yrs ago up close & in person. A bit like a ECB but w/ some temp control unlike the ECB. It's a basic bullet/drum smoker for backyarders just like the ECB is. As w/ any smoker it can turn out some pretty decent stuff once you get to know how to run it but it is a basic backyarder smoker not so much a competition smoker. For the price, yea I'd get one to tool around on & it's probably more a chicken cooker than anything else but would be serviceable w/ other meats. There're a couple of short Youtube vids on it

Well, unlike the one pictured in my first post this unit has nearly a 1/4" gap between the sections. Really disappointing. I could have swore the floor model wasn't like that. I suppose I could try and put some high temp gasket material in there. It was missing one screw. So like hogzillas said it's probably best as a chicken cooker but without some mods it probably won't do low and slow. I'm having trouble getting pics loaded to photo bucket from my phone. I'll keep trying.

Back