Trailer BBQ

nathand2004

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Hello brethern

I have decided to start doing local competitions and some catering. I am now beginning to research the best value for a trailer mounted unit. I have looked at Yoder Zac's Gator pitsand a couple other companies. I need to keep it below 10k including getting it to Seattle. If anyone has any ideas please let me know I will be looking at as much as possible before I make my purchase. I would like to stick with wood not pellets.

Thanks

Check out shirleyfabrication.com Paul and Tyler are fantastic people and build awesome smokers.

before you run out and buy a unit you need to have a plan in place. First you said comps and catering, you need to check your local health dept for requirements of the cooker itself. Are the greats stainless? how easy is it to clean? and when you do clean it where does the water run off go? Third, hand washing and utensil cleaning, you may need a four bowl sink for hands and washing your tools. strapping a sink to your Shirley is fine and all but is that really what you want to do? Take your time read everything you can, I would not start with the cooker, I would start with the health department, and take a safe serve class and test and get a certifacate, make a plan then go for the cooker.

Its not a trailer but I love my Shirley Fabrication Smoker.

before you run out and buy a unit you need to have a plan in place. First you said comps and catering, you need to check your local health dept for requirements of the cooker itself. Are the greats stainless? how easy is it to clean? and when you do clean it where does the water run off go? Third, hand washing and utensil cleaning, you may need a four bowl sink for hands and washing your tools. strapping a sink to your Shirley is fine and all but is that really what you want to do? Take your time read everything you can, I would not start with the cooker, I would start with the health department, and take a safe serve class and test and get a certifacate, make a plan then go for the cooker.

This. Health regulations will be the biggest determining factor in what you get.

Also, watch Craigslist. You'll save a ton of money buying used and local.

Back