• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Stanley's Famous Pit Bar-B-Q

Okie Sawbones

Banned
Reaction score
I had to go to the VA in Tyler today, so I finally got by Stanley’s Pit Bar-B-Q. I got the two meat plate, which included skin on red potato salad, creamy Cole slaw, cowboy beans, and of course my meat choices – brisket and pork sausage.

I was surprised at how good the sides were. First class all the way. All of them. The brisket was cooked well – just a slight tug to separate the meat. It was tender, not dry, with a healthy dose of smoke that was not bitter. The sausage was straightforward, peppery, and just enough juice to keep it interesting.

We got there just before noon, so we only had 6 people in front of us. When we left, the line had at least 30 people in it. Parking is limited too. We got the last space. So be forewarned.

They earn their reputation. I’ll be back. :thumb:

Stanley's is some good que. Have had it 3 times and always pleased.

First time to have it was at a niece's wedding in Tyler a few years ago. Stanley's catered the reception. It was her husband's idea and he quickly became one of my favorite nephews.

We went on a road trip from NY to Shreveport, LA last summer. We decided to drive to Tyler JUST to have Stanley's. The greatest decision ever made!!! The sandwiches were more than incredible. My only wish is that it were a shorter drive from NY.

Back