Lasagna for the masses

cameraman

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I cooked a packer pastrami and I'll be pulling a few pounds of pp out of the freezer for a party this Sunday. We also need to bring vegetarian lasagna for 50 servings which seems to be two full steam table pans. I'd like to make them up at the house then bring them to the party early for the hostess to heat up. Can I make them up the day before and refrigerate them or is it better to assemble and bake right away. Also how do you feel about using raw noodles. I saw a steam tray recipe that calls for it but I always cook them al dente when I'm making it for home use. Thanks.

I assemble lasagna for the next day and also for freezing all the time and you would never know that it was preassembled. Having it baked at the hostesses house would not be an issue.

Lasagna travels well, and tolerates fridge and freezing well also. I personally would not try a new cooking method on a gig like this.

Sounds like you are set with a veggie lasagne recipe.

Last time we had vegetarians over, I small cut cubed and high heat oven roasted zucchini, acorn squash, mushrooms, onions and made a layered enchilada casserole. They loved it!

Are you taking about using those no boil noodles in your lasagne? I've used them and think they are good. The are not as thick as the noodles you boil, but remind me of homemade pasta sheets.

I don't boil my lasagna noodles, at all. I tried the no boil ones, they were great. Then I accidentally used 'regular' noodles thinking they were the no boil. We couldn't tell the difference. We actually find it easier to use them when they're hard.

Matt

Sounds like you are set with a veggie lasagne recipe.

Last time we had vegetarians over, I small cut cubed and high heat oven roasted zucchini, acorn squash, mushrooms, onions and made a layered enchilada casserole. They loved it!

Are you taking about using those no boil noodles in your lasagne? I've used them and think they are good. The are not as thick as the noodles you boil, but remind me of homemade pasta sheets.

When you use the dry noodles, do you need to add extra liquid to the sauce?
Dave

m
When you use the dry noodles, do you need to add extra liquid to the sauce?
Dave

my mom always adds a little whole milk in with hers, but i don't. but, she uses dry noodles and i roll my own.

Back