Aussie T Bone dinner (pr0n)

buccaneer

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It all started with a ruthless butcher displaying some large juicy T Bones as we call these here. Had to have them, and they are large enough to feed the two of us, cool.
CI skillet was chosen with garlic sliced into a mixture of oil and butter and browned them beautifully, then into the oven to finish.
I made simple sides of rich peppered mash potato and butter sauteed cabbage and peas so the heavy sauce of mushrooms and green peppercorn cream sauce got some balance.
Enough chat, here is the pr0n...
IMG_3072_zps644075dd.jpg

IMG_3076_zps96ead06a.jpg

IMG_3079_zpsd7e2268b.jpg

IMG_3082_zps0ebc1988.jpg

It was so good, really hit the spot!
Thanks for looking!

:yo:

Well done buccs'. A perfectly balanced plate. That "T" bone looks delicious. Thanks for sharing. :clap2:

Yuuuummmm!!! Man that looks great and tasty. Great pictures, as I can almost hear them sizzling and can smell the good aroma they were putting off. I know you both enjoyed that meal.

Blessings,

Omar

Well done buccs'. A perfectly balanced plate. That "T" bone looks delicious. Thanks for sharing. :clap2:

Yuuuummmm!!! Man that looks great and tasty. Great pictures, as I can almost hear them sizzling and can smell the good aroma they were putting off. I know you both enjoyed that meal.

Blessings,

Omar

no doubt about it that is a great looking steak.

nicely done buccs! I'd be all over that :clap2:

Thanks everyone. We are happy as clams and as full as a tick.

Great looking steak Buccs. That first photo makes me think of my father, he would have loved to gnaw on a steak bone like that! Thanks.

I am liking i, liking it a lot. Love the idea of the cabbage and peas, never would have thought of that. Was the cast iron pre heated and what oven temp did you use to finish it off. I only ask, because I did a chicken in a hot cast iron pan a couple days ago in the oven turned out great, with no fuss, and little mess.

I have not had a gas stove in forever, but some of the best steaks I ever had came from the broiler on them. I have an electric with a broiler, but somehow just don't think it would work as well, but that is just me I guess.
Dave

Great looking steak. I've gotten in the habit of just firing up a hot grill to sear and forget how nicely CI and an oven can cook good steaks; thanks for the reminder to put this back on my cooking list.:thumb:

Back