Smoked Turkey Breast

PWHathaway

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
This was my first attempt at a turkey breast on my uds. Started with an 8 lb breast, bone in. I pulled out the neck and bottom of the rib cage. Then I did mccormicks poultry rub under the skin. Then did evoo on the skin. Then let it sit for about 5 hours in the refrigerator. Then smoked it for about 3 1/2 hours at about 240 and it was at 165. I used stubbs natural briquettes with a few chunks if apple wood. Wish the skin would've been a little crispy. Guess I didn't cook hot enough.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 299
I bet it was farking delicious!! Love that apple wood on some turkey! And yeah,.. 275-300 cooking temp. should get a crisper skin. Good Job !

I bet it was farking delicious!! Love that apple wood on some turkey! And yeah,.. 275-300 cooking temp. should get a crisper skin. Good Job !

X2 with the temps.

You can always bump up UDS temp once your near your targeted IT.

Thanks guys. I was just glad it kept in some moisture and didn't dry out. Turkey sandwiches for lunch this week.

Perfect timing. I've got 2 breasts waiting on me to play with them righty now.

I cook at 300 minimum and the skin still isn't great to me I just rip it off, other people seem to like it though I'm a picky bitch when it comes to texture though

Back