ENDS SOON: Discussion Thread -> "In Or On a Shell!" Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"In Or On a Shell"

IMG_3276.jpg

This was Gore's entry in the riveting 2011 "In a Shell Throwdown".

As chosen by Grimm5577 for winning the "Duck or Goose" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

Grimm5577 said:
Next TD Category:
IN or ON a Shell. Shell can be edible, but not required.

Makes perfect sense to me! What could possibly go wrong? :heh:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 10/24 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 11/3/14.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 11/3.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

***The below disclaimer is intended to prevent any and all douchebags from committing any and all forms of douchebaggery in the wrong place. BE ADVISED***

This thread is for all general discussion of the category, entries, be that discussion on topic or wackadoodled to any various degree. Woodpile rules WILL be enforced in this thread in regards to moderation.

Last edited:
"Shell can be edible, but not required. ". You might want to rephrase that to "edibility not required".
Also, does a shell used as a plate qualify?

Interesting subject... I gather a shell must be prominently part of the photo, not just something that naturally comes from a shell with no shell in sight.

Interesting subject... I gather a shell must be prominently part of the photo, not just something that naturally comes from a shell with no shell in sight.

You are correct. The shell could be some kind of seafood for example, and as long as the entry photo shows the actual shell, whatever it may be, edible or not, you're good to go. There are MANY possibilities with this category!

Shell is actually a metaphor. In fact, shell is the perfect metaphor for an optigrill. As I read the special rules, only people who cook on an optigrill can enter this TD and all others will be DQ'ed. That much is clear anyway. Just not sure what to cook.

GrumpyCatNotThisAgain_zpsaf0cf402.jpg

Can you be more specific as to what you had in mind?
I have seen large scallop shells used to cook on. I just wanted to cover a possible problem. I can remember scrubbing them when my mother used them in the oven.

I have seen large scallop shells used to cook on. I just wanted to cover a possible problem. I can remember scrubbing them when my mother used them in the oven.

I remember some fancy meal at my Grandmother's house. Had those giant scallop shells. Some sort of crab meat / garlic / butter / Parmesan foo foo thing that got baked on the shells in the oven. Yeah, those shells had to soaked and scraped.

Folks, stop feeding the wildlife. :cop:

He seems friendly and all, but if you get too close there's no telling what he might do.

Shell is actually a metaphor. In fact, shell is the perfect metaphor for an optigrill. As I read the special rules, only people who cook on an optigrill can enter this TD and all others will be DQ'ed. That much is clear anyway. Just not sure what to cook.

My Friend, The discrepancy in the NON-international Moderators decision is obvious. Perhaps we can enlighten them. You have more than proved that you are overseas. Evidently you have to be born and raised overseas to have the opportunity to enter a TD.

Gore, I ask you to resubmit the combo oven pic with multiple setting buttons. If I remember correctly the button selection was Bake, Micro, Broil and GRILL! among others.

From here it's just a simple matter of taking said unit Outdoors (with extension cord if necessary) and performing one of your fine culinary delights.

With your Rep and Fine Standing on this Fine Site for so long, I feel compelled to try to set things straight.

Come on Mods! Let the talent shine. We all know his Wife makes him looks Great anyway....(just like mine does). :becky:

Gore, does this count?

It has a metal shell, just like his.

Yes, it does have a shell, and according to the label, it does say Optigrill. As long as you cook on the "grill" setting, then you should be good! :thumb:

Also, can you look inside and see if you can change your smoke filter. I can't seem to locate mine, despite using the diagram. :noidea:

Back