Some Tuesday Afternoon Sofrito Crockery (w/pron)

ShencoSmoke

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
You competition folks now the deal. Get home after a long weekend competing, the last thing you want to eat is pork BBQ. So there it sits in the fridge, a big container of neglected pork butt. And the pork is not the perfectly cooked butt that we all know and love. It is the undercooked remainder of the butt that had the money muscle harvested for the turn in box. So what I did this afternoon was to slip home from work at lunch and turn to my old friend, the CROCK POT! That's right you crock pot haters, it is a tool in my toolbox and I'm not afraid to use it.

To be honest, I had no clue which direction I wanted to go in when I got home for lunch. But in the far corner of the cupboard my Goya section caught my eye. So here are the players (in addition there was garlic and some tomato sauce-not pictured):
View attachment 102994
I gave the onion and poblano a quick chop and let it get happy in some EVOO and some garlic.
View attachment 102995
Then added the sofrito base, tomato sauce, hot sauce, a little red wine, and 2 packets of sazon and let is all get happy.
View attachment 102996
And then onto the pork in the crock pot.
View attachment 102997
We will see how it turns out in a few hours, to be continued.....

Last edited:
Back