BGE Brisket...High Heat...Play-By-Play...(Pic Heavy)

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Good morning Brethren...I got a H/H BGE smoke goin' on this mornin' so I thought I'd share the process with you...

About a 12-14 lb packer (close trimmed) and rubbed up with a 50/50 mix of Dizzy Pig "Cowlick" and Brownulated Sugar (granulated brown sugar).

Fired up the BGE with a full load of Wicked Good "Weekend Warrior" and a two big chunks of Hickory and Oak...

My target temps are 325-350 dome...the brisket was tossed on just after I fired it up...so...lots of smoke here...

BGECooks011.jpg

BGECooks010.jpg

BGECooks007.jpg

BGECooks008.jpg

BGECooks012.jpg

BGECooks014.jpg

Stay tuned for updates during the smoke...:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait for more pictures on this one..... I have a feeling you will be pleased. You might want to consider a heat shield mod to protect those ends....

DSC01859a.jpg

Can't wait for more pictures on this one..... I have a feeling you will be pleased. You might want to consider a heat shield mod to protect those ends....

DSC01859a.jpg

Are you reading my mind again? :shock: 2 hours into the smoke...gave it a flip and a turn then foiled the flat end (shoulda done it sooner though...it got a bit charred)...:becky: I also added another shield to the point end...thanks Wayne!

BGECooks015.jpg

BGECooks016.jpg

BGECooks017.jpg

Flat temp was 160ish...point 140ish...see you in about an hour...:cool:

I'm about to put a brisket on my egg tonight and this tip is rather timely. Thank you!

Looking forward to following this thread as well!

3 hours into the smoke...dome temp 350...flat temp 185ish...point temp 160ish...foiled and back on the BGE for another hour...then I'll start probing for butter...:cool:

BGECooks019.jpg

BGECooks020.jpg

BGECooks022.jpg

It's a bit toasty at the JD house today...:shock:

BGECooks023.jpg

See ya in an hour or so...

I just did this yesterday, no pics though (beer mod) oh well :D

edit: spelling issues (too much beer the day before mod LOL)

Back