First Kamado cook - Lamb & Pork chops - pron

Smoking Westy

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Finally got a chance to cook on my new Vision kamado grill tonight. It was a birthday gift and my wife made me wait until my birthday to cook on it. Monday night I fired it to season and play with fire control. Tonight it was baked potatoes, asparagus, lamb chops and a pork chop for my wife.

The lamb - I hit them with Oakridge BBQ's venison and wild game rub which is an amazing pairing.

The pork - I hit it with Oakridge's Secret Weapon

Beverage for the evening was from a semi-local micro brew - it was their hefeweizen

Getting their sear on

Plated

The fork shot

Pretty well nailed it

The aftermath

And topped it off with a slice (maybe two) of homemade apple pie. My favorite little guy helped me blow out the candle.

I'm really happy with the way the Vision performed, looking forward to future cooks!

Great job. You'll fall in love with even more when you do your 1st low & slow. Or maybe your 1st wood fired pizza :cool:

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

I should have mentioned last night that my wife really enjoyed the pork chop seasoned up with that Secret Weapon rub. I tried a bite myself and like it. I see more of those of those rubs in my future.

Homemade pizza's and a low and slow cook aren't too far off in my future. And I have one last venison backstrap from last season that I have been saving. I think it is going to get cooked up this weekend.

Happy Birthday! Your wife deserves a bigger pork chop! Enjoy the Kamado, you'll love the ease of long cooks.

Looks great.

I just got my kamado this wed. I did a couple test runs at lower heat for the gaskets to set. Today I'm ready to try some chicken thighs.

Looks Fantastic!!

Thanks for using our Venison & Wild Game rub! (and Secret Weapon, too!!)

Back