• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I need to say it here (Bad BBQ at work)

basuraman

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
and not at work.

My work bought us lunch today from a BBQ restaurant. Many of my coworkers are raving. I am saying nothing. I do not want to insult anyone and discourage the free food. That being said it was terrible.

Beef Ribs - Way over done. To the point of both falling apart and being tough.
Pork Ribs - Rubbery. No noticeable smoke flavor and covered in to much bland sauce.
Beans- nondescript. Not even sure what I ate.
Rolls/Bread - looked like it was from a bag. Not bad, but not anything special.

I guess no seconds for me. (I need to lose a few pounds so not a terrible thing) Should have brought in the left over Bourbon Burger I made last night.

Ok I am done.

Sounds like a great day for portion control!

Was it from one of the big restaurant chains? I'm amazed when I drive through my local town of Kyle, TX and see all of the cars out front of a Dickies BBQ! Even in a BBQ rich area like mine (central Texas for cryin out loud), there's a LOT of people that don't know what good Q is and they're regular customers at those places!:doh:
Oh well, I guess that we just have more educated and refined pallets.:wink:

I know exactly what you mean. My company springs for steaks once in awhile whe we hit some mark or other. The office guys grill them and they are usually waaaayyyyy overdone. Normally served with some canned veggie or other and a prepared coleslaw, desert, etc.

I ain't gonna be the guy to complain about a free meal and a nice gesture, so I mind my manners and thank everyone involved and lie a little to make them feel good.

VR,
Harold

More cheers than jeers from the audience? I'd say the BBQ restaurant nailed it.

I know exactly what you mean. My company springs for steaks once in awhile whe we hit some mark or other. The office guys grill them and they are usually waaaayyyyy overdone. Normally served with some canned veggie or other and a prepared coleslaw, desert, etc.

I ain't gonna be the guy to complain about a free meal and a nice gesture, so I mind my manners and thank everyone involved and lie a little to make them feel good.

VR,
Harold
You live in south Georgia-SOGA to us natives. You. will. get. overcooked. steak. That is a given. Unless of course you volunteer to man the grill, then you have a chance to at least get yours right.
[I can say this, because I am from there and know the culture well]
If you want a good, inexpensive steak cooked right-Go to Nashville [Ga] one night, find the Cadillac Ranch and tell the owner what you want. Bring your own bottle.[except for beer]

You live in south Georgia-SOGA to us natives. You. will. get. overcooked. steak. That is a given. Unless of course you volunteer to man the grill, then you have a chance to at least get yours right.
[I can say this, because I am from there and know the culture well]
If you want a good, inexpensive steak cooked right-Go to Nashville [Ga] one night, find the Cadillac Ranch and tell the owner what you want. Bring your own bottle.[except for beer]

I Have volunteered to man the grill... You know the story, can't have me off the floor for any significant amount of time, etc.

I'm not far from Nashville, maybe 25 miles. (I live in North Lowndes Co, out near Moody AFB) Sounds like a good place to end up a motorcycle ride with the wife (no byob on the bike of course). Do they cook on Saturday afternoons?

VR,
Harold

I never complain out loud while I'm eating it and always have to keep telling myself "It's free".... My employer is feeding us at a meeting Monday night. I gotta drive 45 minutes to get bad food, makes it that much worse.

I never complain out loud while I'm eating it and always have to keep telling myself "It's free".... My employer is feeding us at a meeting Monday night. I gotta drive 45 minutes to get bad food, makes it that much worse.

More like you have to drive 45 minutes to go to a meeting. The bad food is bonus material.

I'm with you. I always appreciate them buying lunch, but Sticky Fingers BBQ is not the best.

I Have volunteered to man the grill... You know the story, can't have me off the floor for any significant amount of time, etc.

I'm not far from Nashville, maybe 25 miles. (I live in North Lowndes Co, out near Moody AFB) Sounds like a good place to end up a motorcycle ride with the wife (no byob on the bike of course). Do they cook on Saturday afternoons?

VR,
Harold

I know Moody well. I grew up in Nashville.
Cadillac Ranch would be a great place for a Motorcycle ride. Lots of back roads in Berrian county.
It has been a couple of years, but as far as I know, they are open seven days a week, all day.

Its not bad yours is just the worlds best so in comparison its lacking
This is the perfect attitude.
I remind my family often not to compare commercial bbq to what we make at home.

Hey man totally with you. I work at a refinery. Tesoro bought us BBQ???? that resembled bad manwich, then our company said they were going to order BBQ from R&R a place run by BBQ competition guys. I was excited to try it. We got there, and it was DICKIES BBQ. I was livid. I complained to them for lying to us. As far as bitching about a free lunch. I can afford my lunch I don't need their bull **** hand out.

I live near Sacramento and we are the king of bad BBQ joints. We get the same at my work where our managers will grill tri tips for safety awards and it is always over cooked shoe leather. I'm with everyone else though, I don't complain because it's free.:grin:

Back