Comfort Food TD Entry

Happy Hapgood

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I had not planned on entering this one but after my LSU Tigers and New Orleans Saints blew 'er I mean lost close games this weekend, some Comfort food was in order.

Nothing says comfort food to me like steak. My Wife aka coupon queen got a decent price on 3 strip steaks:

huis2c.jpg

Had to trim off a small amount of hard fat on each one. A little kosher salt and some Oakridge Comp Beef and Pork rub and they are ready:

a1l15e.jpg

Apply High Heat:

2ih9cph.jpg

Off and resting:

11qs7ir.jpg

Plated. I happened on this by accident but try sprinkling some Spanish Peanuts in your mashed taters next time. It's very good!

29wml3t.jpg

The steaks came out great!

mjraj8.jpg

Feeling better already and Thanks for lookin' !

Last edited:
You know the saying "if you want something done right (win), do it yourself"?

Looks like you got your win this weekend!!! :wink:

Sad to see LSU lose...they should have pulled that one out, and that just makes it worse. :sad:

As delicious as that looks, it won't take the awful taste out of my mouth from this weekend's games. The Saints?? What were you guys thinking?? LSU...nah, ain't going there. I'd still take a helping of that meal!

For Strips, you made those look awesome!!! I'm usually a rideye man, but those look pretty good! Thanks Toast!

You may need to send me some.... We play Mississippi State this week ... I just might need some comforting....:). Looks great !!!!!:-D

Great looking chow! I don't mean to be rude but how do you accidently learn that spanish peanuts on you mashed taters is a good thing!?

Back