Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Beach, Blues, & BBQ - Monroe, NC 4/25-26

bbq.tom

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hillsborough, NC (UNC "TarHeel" country!)
Anyone going to Monroe this weekend to either cook or judge the "Beach, Blues & BBQ" competition? After several years of being either sanctioned by non-KCBS or non-sanctioned period, they will have the "new" North Carolina BBQ Association run the judging of this contest.

I will be there to judge and hope to see some other Brethren there as well.

Tom - I think people may be confused because Monroe is near Charlotte and well the beach isn't. :p

Tom - I think people may be confused because Monroe is near Charlotte and well the beach isn't. :p

Hey George, I totally understand, I have no idea how they came up with that title.

Not much else going on this weekend around here, so I thought judging this would be interesting. NCBBQA judging is different than anything else I judge, so I'm looking forward to it.

I'm ready for another dinner with you and Gore whenever.

I didn't know about it, guess cause I haven't looked at the NCBBQ website in a while. I need to change that!!! Good luck buttburners, we missed you and Tom in KM. I guess we were too busy prepping for all that rain we got and we cooked a catering gig that Friday too.

I stopped by after judging, but y'all were so busy packing up that I didn't want to interrupt.
We stayed through the award ceremony, then headed home.

Never did find "Fire by Night".

I was team #6 in spot #18. We don't have a banner or shirts or anything like that. Probably why you never saw us. I was cooking on the only Lang 36 patio. Took 2nd in ribs and 3rd in chicken and 7th overall in my first ever comp.

I was team #6 in spot #18. We don't have a banner or shirts or anything like that. Probably why you never saw us. I was cooking on the only Lang 36 patio. Took 2nd in ribs and 3rd in chicken and 7th overall in my first ever comp.

No wonder I didn't see you. I'm sure I did, but just didn't know.
Congrats on the walks!!! I have no idea who's entries I judged, but I had some really good ribs! Best I've had yet this year (I've judged 7 contests so far this year), and the pork and chicken weren't too bad too.
Nice little contest.

Back