• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Kingsford Lump Briquettes?

It's one of two new products for 2015. The other is "Applewood", which are their standard briqs impregnated with bits of apple wood, ala their hickory and mesquite. I've tried it and they are outstanding for poultry.

Oh, and they've changed their original formulation to be lighter (more porous), start faster (which they do), yet burn just as long as the previous formulation.

John

Wonder if they still smell like burning plastic when lighting? I only use KBB when I'm cooking something hot and all the briquettes are lit at once. The chemical smell burns off that way. I only buy it when on sale and I can't stop myself. For smoking I'm a Stubbs guy. :thumb:

Hmmmm... I'm a Kingsford Comp guy, but I would give these a run if I saw a bag in stock somewhere. I do have a big pile of K Comp right now though.

I'll have to keep my eye out for some. Always willing to give Kingsford another go

Don't they claim KBB as all natural despite all the fillers and soft wood? Sounds like KBB with hard wood in place. All natural is lump and have yet to see a briquett in the wild.

Back