DIY Rib Racks

Kickback BBQ on Guam

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Anybody had any luck making rib racks? I hate losing an entire rack to two or three racks of ribs. Most of the ones I've seen at HD and such are too small and they are way too proud of them. I've purchased a couple different types and have yet to be satisfied with the end result. Any help would be appreciated.

When I need rack space or have several racks to cook up I use bamboo kabob skewers to pin them together and space them apart.

Man I wish I knew how to post photos here. I had a buddy weld me some out of 1/8 inch stainless round bar. They are 14 inches wide, 5 inches tall and the 1 1/2 inches between each rib. They fit perfectly in my BGE.

Man I wish I knew how to post photos here. I had a buddy weld me some out of 1/8 inch stainless round bar. They are 14 inches wide, 5 inches tall and the 1 1/2 inches between each rib. They fit perfectly in my BGE.

I sure would like to see that rack, sounds like what I'm after.

Ever tried to just coil the racks of ribs. I have not done it, but there are some that put up to 6 racks of SLC's on a 22.5 WSM shelf.

Attachments

• WSM_Rolled_Ribs.jpg
    WSM_Rolled_Ribs.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 411
Ikea has these. Stainless and adjustable. Remove the bumpers before using.
variera-pot-lid-organizer__0095091_PE233458_S4.JPG

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70154800/

Ever tried to just coil the racks of ribs. I have not done it, but there are some that put up to 6 racks of SLC's on a 22.5 WSM shelf.

Nice! That looks like a pretty easy solution that costs nothing.

I just take a 2nd grill grate and flip it upside down over the original grill grate works great.

What are the dimensions of that Dad? Will it support 6 racks of SLC ribs?
Product dimensions
Min. length: 3 ¼ "
Max. length: 19 ¾ "
Height: 4 " / 4 "

Min. length: 8.5 cm
Max. length: 50 cm
Height: 10 cm / 10 cm

Last edited:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3HwBw8I-6C7WWJxYUo1X2R0d28

This is the rib rack that I designed & made for my Green Mountain Grill (Jim Bowie) I smoke 9 racks only using half to space. I can now put chicken on the other half of my grill surface.

I'm a fabricator and I made this on my CNC laser cutter and tig welded it together. Works great. Materials used is 3/16" 304 grade stainless steel.

Hmm, Google is telling me that I have to ask permission to see ????

I changed the permissions on the attachment. You should be able to see it now.

Back