I have painted myself into a brisket corner-please advise

if you can set a box fan behind your firebox to force air . when you see you are getting low on coals fire some up in a fire ring or acouple of chimneys

LOL I have learned a lesson already. DON'T let your fire go down to far. I'm down around 200 or so but coming back slowly. I'm telling you, a lot of draft comes out the fire box door. I wonder if that is because it is a reverse flow and the draft has so much further to go than in a straight offset.

good
you need to mess up a few times to figure out what you are doing and learn how to run your fire

you will get it

OK so I did my first dry run today and threw on a cheap packer and a cheap slab of spares. I didn't notice any difference in taste at all. I used oak sticks as opposed to charcoal and cherry chunks on the uds. The bark was a little tough on the brisket-should have wrapped it sooner. I think I'm going for broke and am going to cook on the day of the event.

Was there a large pizza order phoned in to the local KC pizza parlor?? inquiring minds want to know.

well heck his last log in was on the 6th....so he has been here since the cook

comon man..how did it go? We know you are lurking out there...

Remember each cook provides a chance to learn something new! We were rooting for you!

I read each post without jumping to the end to find out the results. I want to know how it turned out as well. C'mon man, the drama has developed.

BUMP for OP's update.

Back