injecting brisket

W

we'll smoke u

How Many Of You Comp Teams Inject Your Brisket..
I Have Been Competeing For Three Years And Have Never Injected My Brisket Only Rubbed It. I'am Looking To Change Things Up Alitte Bit.
Also What Do You Inject If You Don't Mined.
Thanks In Advanced

We inject Brisket. We use a beefy little mixture my wife came up with recently. We used it for the first time at the Grill Kings and took 7th in Brisket so it needs to be tweeked a little. We like the flavor better than our previous injection of FAB-B and Apple Cider.

We started injecting this year, and have been doing better each time. I tried Fab-B Lite, but didn't care for it as much... we used a coffee/pineapple juice injection with other stuff thrown in.

FaB Ass Brisket

Fab-B works & I use some veg oil with it and inject the crap out of it.

Attachments

• Brisket 2nd.JPG
    Brisket 2nd.JPG
    223 KB · Views: 146
OMG, Jimmy! That looks soooo good! Is it a sin to crave another man's brisket?

We haven't injected at a comp yet, but I injected my last two briskets at home and everyone (including me) thought that they were the best I had made so far.

Injecting is not a comp-centric thing at all.

I inject ALL roast type cuts including Brisket, Butts/Shoulders, and Chuck at home and otherwise. I even injected a Fattie one time--just for fun :lol:
Best way I know of to add moisture and flavor INTO the meat, not just on the surface.
I "pump them up" and normally get a full quart or more injection into each Brisket or Butt.

Well worth the effort and mess to me.

TIM

JIMMY--WIFI at Birmingham???????

Last edited:
Thanks For The Info Guy's . I Got Some Good Idea's On What To Do.

Question about injecting

It is well known that you should not poke large cuts of meat with a fork, as it will cause the loss of juices. Wouldn't injecting have the same effect?

that is a good point, (no pun intended) but after you inject, you then rub and rest. So the bark creates a "scab" to hold the juices in and with the resting it allows the juice to evenly distribute in the connective tissue of the meat. If you are cooking a piece of meat then poke at it, the heat inside is building pressure like a water balloon that is being heated then when you poke a hole all of the pressure wants out. It is best not to move the brisket / shoulders around too much as that bark is the only thing holding the pressurized juices at bay. It also has the effect that because it holds the juice in, it forces the injection to move through the meat because it is excited by the heat.

Back