First Blackstone griddle cook!

Decoy205

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Got the new griddle put together.

Here it is waiting for seasoning.

Started the seasoning after cleaning I used crisco. Waited until it was smoking then cut the heat.

Time for a drink before bacon.

Keeping it cold

Bacon on

Rest of the dinner got rollin

Griddle crust!!

Building my dinner. Pepper jack cheese with bacon, shrooms and onion. Oh yeah!

Unfortunately my terrible slab patio is really old and unlevel so I needed to prop one side up a bit so the grease would flow down the right way. Some grease was dripping down the front leg. I'll have to either move it or come up with a better way for the grease to drain.

It was a lot of fun to use though. I'm really going to enjoy this!

Looking forward to getting ideas from all the brethren posts!

Nice work. Are the last two pics actual size? If so that's one heck of a burger!

You just gave my Ticker a Flicker, that's a very Juicy tasty looking Burger

Way to go brother. You did that Blackstone proud right there.

Great looking burgers! The blackstone is fun to cook with. If you are going to leave it in one place on the patio you can install washers under the 4 studs on the griddle to level it out. I also bent a paperclip and put it in grease hole to make sure it drips into the pan

You got to love them Blackstones...nice cook!

Nice man! I love my black stone griddle I"m sure you will too!

So far so good! Thanks!

Nice work. Are the last two pics actual size? If so that's one heck of a burger!

Ha I wish they were. Maybe something to try :hmm:

Lookin' good! :clap2:

You just gave my Ticker a Flicker, that's a very Juicy tasty looking Burger

Thanks Titich! I went a little over what I normally do but it was super juicy still!

Way to go brother. You did that Blackstone proud right there.

Thanks John!

Great looking burgers! The blackstone is fun to cook with. If you are going to leave it in one place on the patio you can install washers under the 4 studs on the griddle to level it out. I also bent a paperclip and put it in grease hole to make sure it drips into the pan

Thanks Matt! Great tips. I was thinking that would be be a good idea to level it. I'll give that a shot! Do you have a pic of the paperclip mod?

You got to love them Blackstones...nice cook!

Nice job!

Thanks guys yeah this thing is fun!

It's good to see a Jersey boy drinking a Delaware beer.

Saw this brew here ans had to give it a shot as I like Dogfish. It is good stuff!

Welcome to the club :clap:

Thanks Steve! I see many cheese steaks in my future. I better work in some exercise!

Nice job! Those burgers look great! :thumb:

Glad to see you are enjoying yours. I had a griddle for about a month and sold it. :tsk: I bought it thanks to all the farkers here making delicious looking food on theirs....lol. Just didn't like that style of cooking......

Looking forward to seeing more griddle cooks!

Nice job! Those burgers look great! :thumb:

Glad to see you are enjoying yours. I had a griddle for about a month and sold it. :tsk: I bought it thanks to all the farkers here making delicious looking food on theirs....lol. Just didn't like that style of cooking......

Looking forward to seeing more griddle cooks!

Thanks Andrew! I'm getting used to it as well. It's definitely different. Once i have the grease situation under control I think everything will be smooth.

Great looking burgers...

I'd love to have one of those, but just don't think I can justify it if I use it even a couple times a month. I'll have to wait till the gasser dies and I get a kettle, then I'll get one of those griddle top inserts for it...

Those burgers look incredible! Great cook Decoy and congrats on the Blackstone.
I love mine! :grin:

Back