Visiting Dallas; looking for BBQ Restaurant

SmokinM

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'll be traveling back to the states in a couple of weeks and overnighting in Dallas. Between eating Chinese food for dinner, what is an awesome BBQ joint I could stop in for lunch? I am pork guy when it comes to BBQ, but I know beef is king in Texas and wouldn't mind having a tasty brisket sandwich.

Thanks

I've been to Dallas area (Irving) a number of times for training classes for work. Every Friday, on the way back to the airport I always stop at North Main BBQ in Euless. About 10 minutes west of the airport. Only open Fri, Sat, Sun. Another good place I've been to was Hard Eight BBQ in Coppell, also near the airport, a little north.

Must try bbq in Dallas !!!!

I'm a Dallas native and I say the original sonny Bryant's bbq on Inwood and Harry Hines. Hands down the best pit in Dallas. The sliced beef brisket sandwich is amazing. The warm bbq sauce is great and the smell of the place will stick with you long after you leave. Try it !!!!!

Hutchins (my personal favorite), Lockhart (the Plano location is far less of a PITA than Bishop Arts for parking) or Pecan Lodge.

Depends where you are in the DFW area and willing to drive. My rankings for the bbq. All these guys really specialize in brisket, but the pork is good too. Dont forget to sample the ribs at any of them :)

1. Hutchins
2. Pecan Lodge
3. 3 stacks bbq, burnt ends by the pound :)
4. Lockhart smokehouse

Thanks for the replies. Now I'm on the fence on which one to try. Guess it will be an all day affair of eating BBQ. I'm also wanting some fried chicken. Lol I've been out of the country for two years and gonna splurge on everything when I get back! Lol

For Fried Chicken, go to Babe's. No question about it. Best chicken in Texas IMO, and unlimited family style sides that can't be beat. The Sanger, Garland and Roanoke (the original) locations are all great. Garland sells spare ribs, but the others do not. They are good (nice smoke profile and served full spare Texas style) but do tend to be a little too "fall off the bone" for my taste.

Fried chicken

I had to chime in again.
I rediscovered fried chicken a month ago when my daughter took me to johnathans in oak cliff. Old house converted to restaurant. It was a mind altering event. Thick Belgium waffle with crunchy fried chicken on top smothered with brown cream gravy topped off with maple syrup. Had a shiner bock beer with it , Texas breakfast beverage. I recommend highly !!!!!!

You guys are awesome, I am suddenly thinking chicken and waffles! Is that place near (30 miles or less) the DFW airport?

Back