How Early to Get to Snow's?

gtr

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I'm going to be in Austin around the weekend of 3/21, and obviously I want to eat some of that amazing Central TX BBQ. SXSW will be happening that weekend, so I know all the joints in Austin will be utterly and completely overrun, so I'll be staying away from those. I do, however want to run out to Snow's, which is open only at 8am on Saturdays until the meat runs out. Does anybody know what the situation is as far as lines and whatnot? How early would be a good time to get there? Snow's is very much on my bucket list and I can't wait to eat there.

I may check out a couple places Sunday as I'll have some time before I fly home. I loved going to Lockhart, but I've already been there (as well as Meyer's and Southside in Elgin) and I wanna hit some places I haven't been. What are other recommendations for that area? I need to find some spots that are open on Sunday, which may be tricky - looks like City Market and Taylor Cafe are closed that day. Looking for spots within an hour of Austin.

Thanks!

It has been a while since I have been there, but it is not that bad at the very beginning. It also depends on the weather. I would get there about 1/2 hour early this time of year.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I think I'm gonna hit Cooper's in Llano on the Sunday I'll be in TX next month - any tips? TMBBQ says the pork chop (among other things) is great - I've followed a lot of DV's ordering suggestions and I gotta say he has not steered me wrong yet.

Been a long time since I've been to Llano but tried a li'l bit of everything and remember liking the brisket best. Did not try the Big Chop.

Have never been to Snow's so look forward to your report.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Back