Mission KS Sampler

93vpmod

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I had a trip to Mission, KS and sampled some Q at Johnny's BBQ and Fiorella's Jack Stack, Overland Park.

While I had heard very good things about Jack Stack, I thought it was good, but not great. I had the beef burnt ends and the spare ribs, with slaw and beans. The burnt ends were very good with nice flavor, a bit dry even with the sauce.

The spares were meaty and tasty, but also a bit dry. The original sauce was ok, but I actually liked the spicy sauce better. The beans stole the show as did the slaw-creamy but sweet. After thinking about it, I figured that my expectations may have been a bit unrealistic. I plan to go back again next month. Almost forgot, the Boulevard beer was ice cold!

I came across Johnny's BBQ while searching for my office meeting address. Since I had arrived early, I went in for lunch. It was a great choice. I ordered the brisket burnt ends and was thrilled. Moist, meaty and very tasty, much better than Jack Stack! I also enjoyed the beans and fries. I look forward to more meals here...

Back