Fire Pit Grill OR Santa Maria......

I had him build me one 12" deep instead of 8" so I would have room for a fire grate -I'm gonna have to make one for atleast when cooking cuz ashes were choking my coals and kept logs from having a flame unless I kept stoking/poking fire and then ash flies up- may need to drill some air intake holes......The swing out grate came in Handy for stoking fire and for when I flipped a log and it would flame up....just swing grate out (about 1/3-1/2 off base) away from flame for a minute or 2 then back.

Now ....IF I could just learn to cook on this Thing HALF as Good as Cowgirl does on her Tractor Rim.......:heh:

Who is Next....?

As Soon as it's NOT in the 90*s and Humid I'll doing more cooks.....

zf9YxRMl.jpg

Saw this in Home Depot earlier today...............

We have two months of winter here.....this would be a great addition to the arsenal.

Those are well built and versatile for the money.

Thanks.

I thought it would be nice to have.....just so little time to enjoy it here.....almost worth it though....just to pack it away until proper temps prevail.

Issue I have with those is it's a Lift off Grate and Bowl shaped so Fire can only be in center......

It was fabricated by Old Pioneer Manufacturing, Buelton, CA. It is a 36 x 24 Argentine/Santa Maria model. It is heavy duty, built to last, and a sh@t ton 'o fun to cook on.

It was fabricated by Old Pioneer Manufacturing, Buelton, CA. It is a 36 x 24 Argentine/Santa Maria model. It is heavy duty, built to last, and a sh@t ton 'o fun to cook on.
Wasn't familiar with them. Not too far away from me. Might swing by sometime. Pricey, but looks like high quality stuff. I like the option of being able to swing the front open along with the Argentinian grate style option.

Wasn't familiar with them. Not too far away from me. Might swing by sometime. Pricey, but looks like high quality stuff. I like the option of being able to swing the front open along with the Argentinian grate style option.

A few years ago they had a 29% off sale in celebration of their 29th year in business. It was a great time to buy. Dennis, the owner and fabricator, can customize any of his models to suit your needs. Let me know if you have any questions.

We have not used the fire pit very often because my backyard faces North and in the Winter the North wind blows pretty hard . Behind my house is soccer fields -so nothing to block the wind but I still like it and use it occasionally.......

Last edited:
Back