Oak Ridge Chuckie pron

Pstores

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Alright I seasoned this 3 days ago with a nice coat of olive oil and Black Ops...... Was going to use pecan. But my pecan won't burn clean for some reason. Supposedly it was kiln dried. But seems heavy and wet. So I guess it's cherry and Hickory...... See how that works. Going warm on this one at 250-275.... See if I can hold my Meadow Creek higher temps..... I know I can hold perfect 225. With smaller wood.

Question though for you chuckie people. I thought I would take it to about 140 then foil with onions and peppers. Add some thin provolone win it hits the bread.
Should I just take it to 160 then pull off? Or go longer..... Thinking somewhat tender but not quite shred type.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 249
That sounds amazing! I would however cook it until it falls apart (about 185-195).

Last edited:
I usually foil in the 160s and continue to cook until probe tender in the 195+ area to allow easy shredding for sammies. Top with your cooked veggies and melted provolone and let me know when you're eating!

Ok, sounds like a plan.... 160. It is...... The Meadow Creek is holding rock solid at 250... Just like it did ar 225...... This thing is amazing

Guru has been at 259 grate temp plus or minus 3 degrees all day..... And I am a newbie at stick burning..... Door has shown 250..... I contribute it to insulated firebox and very heavy metal in the cooker... As well as the very heavy stainless grates.....

Bizarre the camera will only capture one number

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 206
Went up 7 degrees that time....... Small wood, small fire, and hot...... Seems to work. Add wood every 20minutes

Back