Fried Chicken Anyone?

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I was digging around in one of my picture folders, and found some pics I never got around to posting. I had planned to take pics of an entire Fried Chicken cook, but all I got was this:

FRIED%20CHICKEN%201_zpsijz8aeft.jpg

Needless to say, it was mighty tasty!

Recipe? Last time I tried all my breading fell off

For the last year or so, we've been using Lefty's Seasoning, which I learned about from another Brethren here in Qtalk. This stuff is like crack.

The Missus marinates the chicken first with a bit of water and some Lefty's for about one hour. Then, she puts the chicken in a ziplock bag with some more lefty's and gets the chicken coated, then removes the chicken and lets it sit out for 10 mins. Then, back in the bag to get a second coating, then out of the bag again, for an additional 10 mins, then into a hot cast iron skillet with enough oil to cover 50-60% of the chicken when the oil reaches 300 degrees. Once the chicken is in the oil, you'll want to turn the heat up as the chicken will cause the oil temp to drop. Fry the chicken in batches(start with dark meat first) so you don't overcrowd the skillet.

Best Fried Chicken I've had in my life!

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Leftys-Spices-Chicken-Flavor-Original/dp/B00ESPU7XI/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1480723663&sr=8-1&keywords=lefty%27s+spices+llc"]Amazon.com : Leftys Spices Fish N Chicken Mix for Oven, Pan or Deep Fry 16oz Bag (Pack of 3) Chose Flavor Below (Original) : Gourmet Seasoned Coatings : Grocery & Gourmet Food[/ame]

For the last year or so, we've been using Lefty's Seasoning, which I learned about from another Brethren here in Qtalk. This stuff is like crack.

The Missus marinates the chicken first with a bit of water and some Lefty's for about one hour. Then, she puts the chicken in a ziplock bag with some more lefty's and gets the chicken coated, then removes the chicken and lets it sit out for 10 mins. Then, back in the bag to get a second coating, then out of the bag again, for an additional 10 mins, then into a hot cast iron skillet with enough oil to cover 50-60% of the chicken when the oil reaches 300 degrees. Once the chicken is in the oil, you'll want to turn the heat up as the chicken will cause the oil temp to drop. Fry the chicken in batches(start with dark meat first) so you don't overcrowd the skillet.

Best Fried Chicken I've had in my life!

Amazon.com : Leftys Spices Fish N Chicken Mix for Oven, Pan or Deep Fry 16oz Bag (Pack of 3) Chose Flavor Below (Original) : Gourmet Seasoned Coatings : Grocery & Gourmet Food

Thank you!

Could this work, in theory, by taking the skillet and placing it on top of the Blackstone so I could pop grease outside instead of in the kitchen? Imagine that you couldn't do it simply on the Blackstone since the oil coverage wouldn't be enough but that chicken looks amazing and would be even better if it could be done outside on a sunny day.

Back