Canadian themed menu ideas

Bushmen's Smokehouse

Reaction score
I was asked to put together a menu for Canada's 150th birthday. Event is for 250 people, and they want mid-high end menu. Buffet style service.

My background is BBQ. I own a BBQ food trailer, so would kinda like to stay in that wheelhouse. However open to all ideas Canadian themed.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Bacon wrapped potatoes brushed with maple syrup? With cheese curds?

How about pulled pork poutine?

Just saw this today as I don't trek into vending territory that often. Have you set a menu yet for this?

Some suggestions would be if you could get some venison or elk and do tiny bites of those, time consuming but delicious.

A bbq themed tourtière would be good as well, make it in a hotel sized pan and that would be easy enough to prepare and serve.

Kraft dinner is one of the national foods of canada so some bbq mac and cheese would work.

Ketchup chips as a side and nanimo bars for dessert.

BBQ mac and cheese ( dont mention kraft dinner anything). The pulled pork poutine is a great idea (use real curds). Maple wrapped bacon jalapeno poppers is also a good idea.

What about that Famous Canadian Drink? "Caesar":icon_smile_tongue::razz:

Nanaimo bars is a good idea. Can it be cold smoked and/or deep fried?
Ketchup chips are awesome. We also have "All Dressed" and "Dill Pickle" chips that i have never seen in America.

Wrap the elk, moose, deer in bacon and smoke it. Cut it up and turn it into burnt ends. Put a fine chop on the bacon and mix with maple syrup for a maple bacon drizzle over the burnt ends. If you can cold smoke, look at cold smoking the blocks of cheese for use in the mac & cheese...heck cold smoked cheese curds for the poutine sounds good. Darn...now I'm hungry!

Back