• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Advertising/Trademark?

MilwaukeeBBQ

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I've been fine tuning a smoked pork recipe and one of the ingredients is a beer from a local brewery. If I sell these sandwiches at a farmers market, can I label what kind of beer was used on the ingredients list?

For example:
Smoked Pork Sandwiches Made W/ (local brewery) Beer!

Thanks and cheers from Wisconsin.

Not sure what your rules are in your area but from what I know, its ok to use their name in your product as long as you get permission first. I don't see why they'd say "no" because in reality you are promoting them...could be a good partnership. Good luck!

We vend at several craft breweries and use their beer in our mustard. We only use the mustard at their respective property and don't offer it for sale. Believe me, people beg us to sell it to them.

That said, this could get complicated. You have to have permission to use their name. They may request a hold harmless clause. In case someone gets sick from the food, they don't want it coming back on them.

Speaking of that, they may decline for just that reason, if someone does get sick, word will get out and even though they are held harmless, it could ruin them and of course you.

Most lawyers would advise them not to enter into the agreement for the reasons mentioned above.

We were steaming our sausages in the breweries beer and quit doing it because of those reasons. Just to much could go wrong. We do continue with the mustard because there is very little chance it would make someone sick.

Unless the brewery you speak of has a large following, I would just list that the recipe contains beer without mentioning the name.

I'm not an expert and these are just my opinions.

Back