got to scratch the itch real good...

AlwaysSmokey

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
It was just one of those beautiful days with a perfect temp. ( 78 deg.) and no wind. I live up on a hill so the no wind thing was REALLY cool!! Also got a small enough brisket,.. 9 lb after trimmed, to actually cook a day cook. So,.. not staying up all night, no wind, plenty of beer, radio jamming, beautiful blue sky day = a very happy camper. Did a butt along side the brisket and some sausage while the two were in their 3 hour rest. Sorry about "lack of pron" I just farking forget to snap pics...lol.. but I'm getting better.

That looks fantastic! What kind of cooker are you using? It looks solid.

Looks really good! It seems like smoking season is about done around here (PA) At least for me, I haven't figured out how to smoke in the winter. We won't see a day that warm for several months now.

That looks fantastic! What kind of cooker are you using? It looks solid.

That's the Old Country Pecos smoker. ( Academy) I like it, runs like a champ. I have a 250 gallon offset in the works, but I needed a patio size offset. I have owned char broil, char grill, and brinkman offset smokers and this one puts those to shame. Best box store offset IMO. :thumb: Plus,.. it was a little dinged up (paint scratches and such) from shipping to the store,.. so I got a 70.00 discount. :-D

BBQ, beer, tunes and and a blue sky, you just described my "happy place".
Glad that you had a good day and the food looks great, thanks for sharing.

What a great way to spend a day,
I worked and Had a Ham and Cheese sandwich, sigh:mmph:

Looks like the perfect lunch: Brisket and Pork butt sammys. By the way, how long did that 9 pounder take until it decided it was done?

Ran 225-250. It wanted every bit of 10 hours and 45 min. But I had plenty of time before the 7pm dinner so I just drank another beer and piddeled in the garage till she probed right. The butt gave up around 8 hours in.

I have the smaller version of that smoker, the Ranch Hand coal smoker, and I absolutely love it. I find I get the best temps, most stable temps, with my UDS "French Fry Charcoal Basket" (yes, an old French Fry basket from a restaurant) loaded with charcoal and then wood put on there accordingly. All of that food looks great.

Back