Cowgirl pork shoulder :-))

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Took a shoulder and schmeared it with bacon grease (learnt that from cowgirl). Then seasoned with NM Green Chile powder and Sucklebusters Texas Brisket rub. Into the cooker fueled by Royal Oak lump and three decent size maple chunks.

Last edited:
baaaacon greeease........ :hungry::laugh:
The wind is out of the south, I think I can smell the smoke from here.
Looking forward to this one Adams. :becky:

And I thought beer brats were a good idea for dinner...
Give us some pron when done, looks good.

159 IT and thrown a curve ball. Bride said bring it in. She put it in the over size crock with Hatch Green Chile Enchilada sauce, garlic, onion, then put about 2 inches of chicken stock and said see you in the morning. Said this one was for green chile stew stockpile. Oh well I got to play with my meat for 5 hours and 7 beers. I'm still going to claim this as a success

Last edited:
You cooked meat. Check
You drank beer. Check
Your day is complete.

Hey looks great and I'm guessing the green chili will be killer.

Got a recipe for the green Chili?

Hey I'm still interested in finding out how this turns out. You probably got enough smoke on it to do some damage.

I feel a really big let down here...that looks soo good! Almost seems unfair.

Anytime you get to cook outside for hours and slam down some beers, it has to be a success. Looks great.

Nope! Don't look like a Cowgirl butt to me. Sorry Adams!:becky:

Last edited by a moderator:
And The Trophy Shot :-((
Bride was up eating the bacon grease schmeared 5 hour smoked all night crock potted shoulder- exclaimed "this is exactly what I wanted". Not a bad way to awaken. Marriage bliss for 12$ Pork and some on sale charcoal and an electrical outlet.

Last edited:
159 IT and thrown a curve ball. Bride said bring it in. She put it in the over size crock with Hatch Green Chile Enchilada sauce, garlic, onion, then put about 2 inches of chicken stock and said see you in the morning. Said this one was for green chile stew stockpile. Oh well I got to play with my meat for 5 hours and 7 beers. I'm still going to claim this as a success

Careful ,This could lead to the wood pile.But I'll keep my thought to myself.lol

Back