Boneless Beef Shoulder Clod?

Music Junkie

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I was looking over the new Smart & Final Extra that opened near me, and while searching the meat department, I ran across a boneless beef shoulder clod. I have never heard of one. I know someone around here has done something with one of these. I am curious as to what kind of cut it is, and how it is typically prepared. Are they any good? They are pretty big.

It's from the front shoulder, think chuck roast and such.

Yes it's really good, low and slow for pulled beef is why I buy them.

I just googled it, and found a couple of cool clips about them. Basically cooking like a brisket. I still need to get the brisket down first...lol. I was also able to find some nice sized briskets at the same store. Gonna have to plan a cook for Memorial weekend! I'll have to head to my local brewery and pick up a couple of growlers for the hard work too.:biggrin1:

Yes the shoulder clod if cut and pulled from the top of the shoulder blade bone tough pieces of meat low and slow is the answer

I just googled it, and found a couple of cool clips about them. Basically cooking like a brisket. I still need to get the brisket down first...lol. I was also able to find some nice sized briskets at the same store. Gonna have to plan a cook for Memorial weekend! I'll have to head to my local brewery and pick up a couple of growlers for the hard work too.:biggrin1:

Don't worry about getting brisket down first. These are MUCH more forgiving than brisket. These are very easy to cook. They also have a very meaty flavor that the family loves -- one of my favorites to cook.

Back