Reaction score
1-3lb. bag raw almonds
1/8 cup Dale's Sauce
1/8 cup Soy Sauce
1/8 cup Louisiana Hot Sauce
1 TBSP Yoshida's Gourmet Sauce
1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
1 TBSP Hot Pepper Vinegar*

Mix all the above together in a large bowl till almonds are thoroughly covered and wet. Shake on some granulated garlic or garlic powder, cayene pepper, and salt and mix somer more till almonds are coated. Dump almonds into a "grill wok" and place in smoker. Stir every 1/2 hour to 45 minutes till almonds are dry. For a doneness test I take out a couple of almonds and let them cool approximately ten minutes. If they are still a little moist inside leave them on longer. If they have good crunch, they are done. Usually takes 2 1/2 - 3 hours. Top of grill wok should be 2"-3" below bandera chimney.

*Hot Pepper Vinegar is a homemade concoction of small hot chile's stuffed into a vinegar bottle than filled with white distilled vinegar.

Last edited:
These were good nuts. I would add some seasoning salt because I like lots of salt.

Glad you're bored willkat. I got a free weekend and this might be on the menu.

Not a gratuitous bump. Like Ron said, they were all the rave. Bruceseig (another Casper act here) tried to recreate them at Phils, but it was missing something. This way, the recipe can now be tried by all the newer members.

Enjoy

They actually have a decent low sodium version of Dale's that isn't half bad. We use it alot when whe grill Pork Chops and still want to get the rings off our fingers the next morning.

Neil is pic illiterate.:biggrin: Since 2004:eek:

What Thilliin said:

Now close your eyes and imagine a bowl full of roasted almonds all dark and bumpy from all the smoke and seasonings. Picture? You don't need no stinking picture!:biggrin:

Dales is a very salty soy based marinade. Use it sparingly.

I know for a fact that lots of guys just love Neil's nuts...

Back