Yep - It's Wings Time.

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Momma started our day right with an amazing spinach, mushroom, and feta cheese omelet, with some roasted baby tomatoes on the side.

DSC_6824_zpsq3oepmnv.jpg

That got the munchkin curious about what was happening in the kitchen, and she soon joined us.

DSC_6818_zpsp1xhfppe.jpg

Forgive the outdoorsy shots, but I'm enjoying the light and the fall colors as I tend the grill...

DSC_6831_zpsyrrqt0ct.jpg

DSC_6832_zpsr0bl5uon.jpg

Momma asked for another batch of those Thai Red Curry Wings from last week, and some Wicken Yanks Smoked Buffalo Wings to accompany them.

DSC_6833_zpsxwspbbnt.jpg

The chunk of apple wood over the coals put out quite a lovely light smoke during the cook.

DSC_6843_zpsljl3lxqq.jpg

Hit the Thai wings with a combo of cilantro & mint, then we squeezed some lime over 'em before eating. That's bleu cheese in the bowl for the buffalo.

DSC_6849_zps9br1ygjc.jpg

A great day and evening on this end. Hope your weekend is winding down easily with an easy return to the work week.

Have you a recipe for the Thai wings?

Here's last week's post. I don't really have a recipe, but I provide all of what I put together and how and such. The frustrating piece will be getting your hands on the Thai Red Curry Paste that I mention (I bought mine in Udon Thani, Thailand back in 2014)...

That said... I just Googled "Thai Red Curry Paste" and it looks like there are a whole bunch of options out there.

Hope that helps. Mess around with this... I just chose flavors that work well together and ran with it. I'm sure yours will be awesome.

Enjoy!

Those look like you would need a beverage pretty close by for heat control.

I like how you think... but the fun thing about the Thai Red Curry is that it's not really spicy. I had to add a fair amount of crushed Thai chili to bring the spice level up to where I wanted it... but not blow Momma's head off (that's usually a bad idea).

Thus, the beverage was there more for enjoyment than necessity. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the post Marc, really enjoy the pictures and the munchkin is a cutie!

Great lookin' wings! Post all the outdoors pictures you want!

Looks like you've got a good helper there!

It all looks excellent Shadow! Your little helper is such a cutie! :grin:

Beautiful yard too, everything around here is brown and dry.

Oh yeah! as far as I'm concerned it's always wing time. Wont be long before the little one is standing along side of you.

Cheers, folks. Found a nice place to rent for a few years. Sure beats the pants off our last place in Okinawa!

Wont be long before the little one is standing along side of you.

No.. you're not kidding! She's become ridiculously mobile in the last 2.5 weeks. She's already pulling up on things. I just explained tonight's activities to a dear friend as, "It's like WWE Wrestling with a midget who bites while I'm trying to watch the MNF Game on TV."

Have your household goods arrived yet?

Exactly one week ago, brother. All-day affair... sounds rather trite, but it's so nice to be watching MNF on my TV, with my stereo, and sitting on my sofa.

Last edited:
Back