• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

N Texas Brethren Bash Fall 2016 Planning

Hotch

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Well you all know me, it's never to early to start planing the next N Texas Bash for the Fall of 2016.
I made the suggestion to Paul, Saturday at the Bash, that we have it again at:

Overlook Pavilion at Lake Belton
3110 FM 2271
Belton, TX 76513

November 19, 2016

It is near Temple TX. Nice location, great facilities and easy in and out for most of us.
Please chime in if you have any other suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a good location.

Well, we know rivalry weekend is out (10/8). Pretty sure October is the safest month overall for non-ridiculous heat levels. That leaves 10/15, 10/22, or 10/29. Or risk the weather and do late September or early November.

I looked at the Brethren map, and not surprisingly the largest congregation of members is in DFW, and in Houston-Austin. Lake Ray Roberts caters to the former, and Lake Belton caters to the latter. The only other lake I see on the map is Somerville Lake, right between Houston and Austin. Their site says a lot of the area is still closed due to flood damage. Maybe locals know better. It looks like Lake Belton has easier access, and is closer to towns for those who want to stay overnight and don't have an RV.

I looked at the Brethren map, and not surprisingly the largest congregation of members is in DFW, and in Houston-Austin. Lake Ray Roberts caters to the former, and Lake Belton caters to the latter. The only other lake I see on the map is Somerville Lake, right between Houston and Austin. Their site says a lot of the area is still closed due to flood damage. Maybe locals know better. It looks like Lake Belton has easier access, and is closer to towns for those who want to stay overnight and don't have an RV.

Ye sir, that's kind of what we found out last Fall when we had the Bash there.

Ha, Hotch, I was going to come start up this very same thread.

I strongly suggest Belton again, the facility was great, easy and central to everybody, and we had the whole place to ourselves. The only potential negative was that we had to pack out our trash and bring our own toilet paper.

I recommend either Saturday Oct 15th or Saturday Oct 22nd. That avoids Texas/OU weekend and Halloween.

I strongly suggest Belton again, the facility was great, easy and central to everybody, and we had the whole place to ourselves. The only potential negative was that we had to pack out our trash and bring our own toilet paper.

I recommend either Saturday Oct 15th or Saturday Oct 22nd. That avoids Texas/OU weekend and Halloween.

You drive, and I'll nap.

I'm leaning toward 10-22-2016. It gives me a week to re-charge after the Jefferson Eggfest!! :biggrin1:

You're the guy doing the planning. I've made executive decisions before, if you want 10/22 go ahead and call it 10/22. We'll show up.

One thing I've learned is no matter what date you pick, somebody is liable to complain. Just put on the ol' asbestos underoos and put in your earplugs. :p

You're the guy doing the planning. I've made executive decisions before, if you want 10/22 go ahead and call it 10/22. We'll show up.

One thing I've learned is no matter what date you pick, somebody is liable to complain. Just put on the ol' asbestos underoos and put in your earplugs. :p

I would welcome Paul's input on this.

Way Too Early for me to make plans........if it's Belton like last time and I'm free I'll be there- Any further than Belton and I'm out. Neither one are close to me- Ray Roberts 1.5 hrs and Belton 2 hrs. When i picked Ray Roberts for the 1st one I was thinking it'd get some OK. Folks down - but since it hasn't I wish I'd picked somewhere closer to me. :doh:

If Houston wants a Bash they need to start one up..........Central or S. Texas want one they need start up their own........or make the drive to These. I don't wanna go any further than Belton.

PJ said at other end of the dam was a campground.

I'd rather have it at Lake Whitney, myself. - Still a 45 -1 hr drive for me,but then PjTexas / paul has to drive a little bit...........:heh:
a 5 minute drive to a Bash just ain't right...........:tsk:

Last edited:
I looked at Lake Whitney but could not find anything that look like it may work for us.

I vote for November 12 or 19, solely because we should be in Texas then! :caked:
I'm OK with that.

Paul what are the chances for having the Bash at Belton Lake again?
Can we get the pavilion in November 12?

Life things are starting to pop up and looks like 10-21-2016 may not work for us.

FYI:
I fixed the link in my signature to open the Google Sheets on the Fall 2016 Tab. :crazy:
If you are even remotely thinking about attending please go ahead and sign on. And then subscribed to this thread. As the date is not hard set yet. When we get closer and have a hard date and location for the Bash you should get notified. :loco:
Thanks,
Hotch

I'll check on Nov 12th. Smitty, don't be trying to ruin my short trip.:heh:

I agree with keeping it central vs south. Wouldn't be right to leave the north tx guys out seeing how they are the ones that started all of this. I PM'D a couple of guys around austin but none could commit to a date this far out.

I'll check on Nov 12th. Smitty, don't be trying to ruin my short trip.:heh:

I agree with keeping it central vs south. Wouldn't be right to leave the north tx guys out seeing how they are the ones that started all of this. I PM'D a couple of guys around austin but none could commit to a date this far out.
Paul were you able to find out about 11-12-2016?
If so, we can get to work on beating the drum so to speak!
This year I hope we can have somewhere between 35-50 attend! :shocked:
I will put the invite out to everyone at the South MS Brethren Bash at Scott's in Biloxi MS on July 10. :blabla:

Have not heard back yet. The date was not taken so that is a good sign.

Back