Finding A New Home for All My Smokers (Even the SF)

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Technically just finding a new home from our current house we've rented for a few years now :becky:. Started looking back in April and luckily the process didn't take too long as I've bought before and this was a much shorter period of looking to closing :clap2:.

We closed a few weeks ago and have been slowly moving things ourselves (literally less than 3miles from where we currently live). Have till the end of the month for rent so no rush to move all in one weekend. Moved both backwoods and the WSM last week and got the XL Egg and my 18 kettle this week. Was nice to have a buddy help get the egg as I didn't have to take it apart. Just backed the truck up to it and lifted it in and then over to the new place :-D. Here's most of it out back. Eventually going to extend the patio and not just with pavers dropped around like they had before. Not immediately, but maybe later this year.

SF is all that is left to move and that will happen this week or weekend. My new garage is smaller, but will still get in there fine along with my wife's car (god bless hanging ceiling storage racks :biggrin1:). Also excited about having a kitchen again that has space. Though I got used to our tiny galley kitchen. Also have gas again which is great since we had electric in the rental. Though I did get used to that as well.

Probably doing some form of a cook the 4th weekend!

Yeah I currently have electric and miss the gas. Good luck with the rest of your move. Much less stressful if you can do it over time rather than all at once.

I have not moved in over 35 years from our house but we did live overseas in the meantime. At my age, 67, (not old, but...) even the thought of moving from my home would kill me. Way too lazy and content.

That is why guys like you and your family keep me inspired. Both in your energy and the great cooks you do and show on this site. Life is good and you and your family are evidence of that.

Congrats Jason. Ain't moving fun!

Oddly this time it has been. With only a couple miles down the road we've just used my truck and wife's smaller rav4 to make trips, but no rush has made it relatively easy :loco:.

My house has gas and electric service to the kitchen. There was a new electric stove in it when we moved here from Texas. I hated it from the get go as I was used to cooking on a gas stove and range. About a year ago the electric range stopped working right, and I bought a gas stove/range to replace it. Best move I have made in years. Never again with an electric.

Congratulations on the move. We have moved 12 times in our 43 years of marriage, and when we moved into our present house, I promised the wife that my next move from here would be on a stretcher feet first to the funeral home.

Omar

Congrats on the new digs, Jason.

Your lovely wife will probably have to adjust cooking times on her award winning cheesecakes cooking with gas!

Congratulations on your new home. May you have many years of good times and great cooks. We are doing the same, probably next month. Moving in July or August in Arizona. What fun! I keep looking for the positives. Single level slab home to be able to gracefully retire in place, crazy big back patio with an outdoor fireplace, room for all the toys. Then I think about the actual move :cry:.

Sharon
Kamado K7 and K3
Fire Magic gasser
Humphreys Pint (on order)

Congratulations on your new home. May you have many years of good times and great cooks. We are doing the same, probably next month. Moving in July or August in Arizona. What fun! I keep looking for the positives. Single level slab home to be able to gracefully retire in place, crazy big back patio with an outdoor fireplace, room for all the toys. Then I think about the actual move :cry:.

Sharon
Kamado K7 and K3
Fire Magic gasser
Humphreys Pint (on order)

Ya moving in the heat hasn't been super fun, but all the big heavy stuff we've taken over early in the morning. Got the 4th of july cook planning going on now :mrgreen:

Congrats and good luck with the move I am done that stuff I have to hire someome

Luckily with no kids and currently in a 3 bedroom (only really using 2 of those) we don't have a lot of stuff. Or really heavy stuff :-D. Heck most of the heavy stuff was my smokers which i would move myself anyways :loco:

Back