Long Island *Northport VA Hospital* Save the date August 24.

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Reaction score
Long Island Cooks, and anyone else who wants to drive. All hands welcome! BBQ Brethren will be cooking at the Second Annual Northport VA Hospital BBQ - August 24. Feeding our soldiers as a thank you for their work and sacrifice. Same as last year, but bigger! 600-1200 veterans who bothe reside on and off campus and the Northport VA. Save the date, and let me know if your in! Only detail I have so far is the date, and we are backed by Suffolk County PD.

This was probably one of the most fun, and rewarding event I have done in the 10 years of cooking in comps or charity events. Its and awesome event, loads of fun and the return is simply being able to shake the hands of our veterans. We fed a crowd of 600 last year, this year they want to expand. All meats and supplies are provided. We just show up and cook. (supply time, cookers and fuel).

save the date and lets start a roll call. Arrive Friday, cook all night, BBQ is Saturday, close up shop Saturday evening.

IM IN!

This was a great cook last year. I could never thank a Veteran enough for all they have done and sacrificed for our country but this is a start. Just being able to show them they are appreciated lift their spirits. They were so thankful last year when it was us trying to thank them.

I'm in! It was a great event last year and I look forward to feeding our veterans again this year.

Yes, thanks,m absolutely WE will need some rubs....,

Although the SCPD and the hospital supplies most everything, we did supply all the rubs and sauces last year.. Pork masters suppplied all the sauce and we made rubs out of whatever we had... this years im hoping to get some brethren members products to promote and get some exposure. We will hang banners and put out business cards or catalogs, and get some names out there.

I think that I have to take my son to Cortland on the 23rd, but for this I'll figure out a way to do it an get back.

It was a great experience last year and I wouldn;t want to miss it.

I'm in.

What areas of the cook were weakest last year? What area can we improve the most? Is it cooking space, more rubs donated? Tables and chairs for the cooks? More volunteers?

Eric

Should be there agian great event great people.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

:thumbup:
Relieved. It's about the same time of year, and we haven't heard much yet about the Manorville contest....so we were worried.

If you need help with the Battle when the time comes, let us know. I am trying to free up the weekend for the VA hospital.

As long as that isn't move in weekend at Binghamton the grill scouts would be honored to lend a hand!

Back