• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Things I "squoze" in around 4 pork butts.

R

RevT

I've done so many pork butts lately I didn't even want to take any pictures of them, so here's the other stuff that I fit in around the butts.

Here are some beef round eye steaks. For seasoning I just sprinkled each side with Greek seasoning. Unfortunately, about 20 minutes after I put them in the smoker I got a call that one of my members was in the hospital. By the time I went to visit them (in my smoky T-shirt and jeans) and got back home, the steaks had passed the done-ness that I wanted. They ended up being a little on the dry side.
The before and after.
s7300126ld7.jpg

s7300130ct7.jpg

I also did a pork loin... about 7 1/2 pounds. I decided to use a recipe for a stuffed pork loin that I found in Smoke 'n Spice. The stuffing is just chorizo, onion and some egg to glue it together. The [FONT=verdana,Sans-Serif]rub[/FONT] has stuff like allspice and cloves in it. If anyone wants it I'll have to look it up and post it. Here are some of the pics.
s7300127eb5.jpg

s7300128um8.jpg

s7300131bp3.jpg

s7300133tk2.jpg

And then I did an experiment with pineapple tidbits and some turkey ham. I lined up 3 tidbits toward the end of a slice of ham and sprinkled some brown sugar on them. Then I rolled up the ham, pinned it with a toothpick and rolled it in more brown sugar. They weren't bad (the neighbors that sampled them seemed impressed), but they weren't what I was shooting for. It looked like the juice cooked out of the pineapple and ran out of the roll taking the brown sugar along with it. I had hoped it would form kind of a sticky/gooey glaze but that didn't happen. (sigh) Here is the final product.
s7300132ua8.jpg

If you want the glaze to form, I would try putting the brown sugar on later, after the pineapple has dried out.

Everything else looks great.

Back