• How hot is 2 Mississippi?

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
What range are you looking for in pit temps?

Looking for average cooker temp for large cuts (butts & brisket ect) that you prefer too cook at. Not poultry, most have a different temp and we'll do a separate one for that.

Please choose the range that best fits your house temp

And please try and remember the penalty for failure to answer.

Depends. I am in the 300-425 range depending on how much of a rush I'm in.

I can't answer because there's different ranges depending on the cooker used, i.e diffuser, no diffuser, rotisserie or grate cooking, or the distance between the meat and the heat source not to mention the heat source used. UGH...lol there's just too many dang variables.

Do I have to stop being stubborn and choose one from the poll anyway?

I can't answer because there's different ranges depending on the cooker used, i.e diffuser, no diffuser or the distance between the meat and the heat source not to mention the heat source used. UGH...lol there's just too many dang variables.

Do I have to stop being stubborn and choose one from the poll anyway?

Nope

:pile:

Ok, I'll go with 300-450 ish but I didn't see that as an option. If it's simpler just put me in aawa's category. :p

i see this is not a poll but a smart-ars remark thread

temps-smemps:shocked:

220, 221, whatever it takes :-D

Seriously, it depends on which cooker I am using. I prefer something in the 250-275 range, but it my cooker wants to settle in higher or lower I go with it. Why fight it just to be one of the cool kids? :-D

250_275 but i am retired with to much time on my hands:grin: ps. ninja vintage snowmoblie show / crock poy cook off is feb 27th hope to see you be safe :thumb:

I can't answer because there are not enough choices??:p

I'm in the 250-275 range. It depends on how many cold beers I have stocked up.

I probably use 275-325 the most, but will adjust depending on what I'm cooking and what fits my timetable best. Chicken gets hotter, fatty beef ribs or earlier in the day finishes get lower and slower (overnight cooks).

Brisket/pork butts- 250-275. Poultry 300-325

Back