A little snot, a little fire, a little poblano peppers

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
....in addition to chicken breast and some hanging Idaho taters.

Ok don't hate me but these peppers are my favorite so no more ABT's. I had a little leftover stuff to cook from Super Bowl Sunday. Halve the peppers, sprinkle in some type of sweet rub, add cooked sweet Italian sausage and top with cheddar and Mexican white cheeses. If you can roast these over a fire it's all the better but if not they'll still be fantastic I'm sure.

Had a little light coating of snot on a nice evening outside so fired up some splits, added the taters and then a bit later the chicken and peppers.

Thanks for looking!

Ok now for the good stuff! If you look closely when i brought the peppers in you'll see those watery juices that come out...love that with these. The chicken breast was wayyy juicy.

Last edited:
Lookin' good, Keith!

Nice little dustin' last night, but nothing to write home about.

Peppers sure turned out nicely!

Lookin' good, Keith!

Nice little dustin' last night, but nothing to write home about.

Yea I was hoping for more but we're supposed to getting more later this week i heard...hope that pans out.

It's so dang nice out tonight... T shirt and bare fee. lol It's only 21* out! ...but it felt like Spring. lol

Lookin' good, Keith!

Hey Marc if your family can handle a little spicy we'll put it on the menu when we get together and cook. If all the seeds are out then they're only a little spicy...and the sweet really balances that out.

Keith, that looks tasty! I am going to steal this and try this over the weekend with the fam on the new bbq :)

Looks great. What peppers do you use?
Thanks Adam.

Poblano peppers ... I accidentally spelled them wrong in the post, they're bigger and have a little heat but not like jalapenos. Even though I can handle heat it's sometimes nice to have a little heat and enjoy them more.

Scollville units for these is only 1000-2000 where as jalapenos are 2500-10,000. I still get all or most of the seeds out of them though. I made these with bell peppers and while they were good these poblano's have much more flavor, especially after the roasting.

That is an awesome cook!

I have to tell you my eyes seem to wander over to the left of your posts. :shock:

P1040127_zpszg4fkxxc.jpg

I'm all in Keith... :hungry:

I love the idea of the sausage and pepper boats! Really looks tasty Keith. As usual... Chicken King nailed the doness on that bird.

That is an awesome cook!

I have to tell you my eyes seem to wander over to the left of your posts. :shock:
LOL, Yea even though football season is over it's awful hard replacing her!

P1040127_zpszg4fkxxc.jpg

I'm all in Keith... :hungry:
Thanks! If you look to the right side in the picture in the open areas you'll see that clear pepper juice puddled in there. I love that!

I love the idea of the sausage and pepper boats! Really looks tasty Keith. As usual... Chicken King nailed the doness on that bird.
Thanks Decoy! I gotta thank the cooker for the chicken I think because none of my cookers seem to do chicken breast as good.

You gotta try these peppers... but use sweet italian if you can, man it's good!

Yep I may just have to copy this one. Those look to damn good not to!
Nicely done sir.

I'm going to try that in the near future. Was you grilling them?

Back