Foodsaver 3440 vs Foodsaver 3840

fatguyputter

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I received each of these two models for Christmas and after seeing reviews (which were all kinda hit and miss for both models), I decided to take it to a higher court--The Brethren.

Any reviews of either of these models would be appreciated. I need to figure out which one to keep.

Thanks

Normally I don't post on a forum so soon after registering, but I've gotta speak up here. I have the 3440, and truth be told if I could do it over again, I'd take it back and get one of the lower end, manual style food savers. The 3440 and up, upright style, with the "smart seal" blah blah are a giant PITA to get bags into properly and to seal right. You're much better off with the manual style that you just lay the bag in and close. I know that doesn't help you too much with your dilemma, but what I would try and do is take both back for store credit, bet the lower end manual style one, the mason jar sealing attachment, and a ton of bags.

I don't have one of the upright models either, but I do know that my V2830 works great. Do a bit more research on all the models, and perhaps you can return both of them to get the one that will suit you best.

My son has the 3840 and really like it, save space on the counter. they use it almost everyday, no complaints.

I have an older manual model....

I also have an upright. V3480 I believe. I love it, but have to partially agree with Myrdhyn. Occasionally it is a pain to get the bag in, especially if the items are of some weight. Other than that I love it! And on the vacuum hose for the marinade containers etc, DO NOT pull it out past the green tape. Learned the hard way and now it will not retract, And guess what the manual says. "Do not pull hose past green line." Oops!:doh:

I have to agree with Myrdhyn. I have the 3440 and sometimes it works great and sometimes it plays hard to get with the bags. In addition you have to use a lot of extra bag just to have a chance. I just picked up a 2222 on that recent closeout and I'm looking forward to going manual.

Last edited:
Not to high jack this but has anyone used the kenmore model. I have not seen the manual foodsaver anywhere. Got the 3400 style for Xmas and was thinking of changing to this one. Sears usually has theirs made by some big company.

If I switch I can save $40. While I was looking today a lady customer stopped and said she has the sears manual one and loves it.

Back