Hunting season - properly cooked venison -

Sorry Jeannie, we lost our hunting property due to the sale of the farm.
I do not think I'm hunting this year.

This was an attempt to entice venison cookers to
COOK IT RARE,
because overcooked game = shoe leather.

Some might say my last pic is raw, but no no no, that was awesome.
Ruth Chris had nothing like this.

Shoot wish you lived closer, there were 4 deer in the alfalfa field when I came home tonight. My favorite is tenderloin hot and rare.

Perfect...... And cook duck breast the same way and you'll be surprised how good it can be (wild duck).

Missing the bacon, cream cheese, and jalapeño...but does look yummy!

Norm, you're killing me!
S
hoot wish you lived closer, there were 4 deer in the alfalfa field when I came home tonight. My favorite is tenderloin hot and rare.
The old owner sold his farm, $ 7million,
we knew it was coming, and we've hunted there 23 years
and it broke our spirits a bit.
Public hunting here is dangerous. Found a guy w 44 acres (that's alot around Montgomery County, MD) ,
but he's selling as well. Have a 60 acre tract with people who stole our treestands last year. SMIB s. (Southern Maryland In Bred) that was a chitty place.
I probably will not hunt this year...

Williams Sonoma Grilled Duck Breast with Cherry Zinfandel
is top- notch restaurant quality -
subsitute Duck Breast for Venison loin slab.. or ELK or Moose --
really good....
The Recipe, one every HUNTER should have. It works so well with all game.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/grilled-duck-breasts-with-dried-cherry-zinfandel-sauce.html

**** I got a recipe similar to that I use all the time for duck and venison. From the same place. It's phenomenal

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/duck-breasts-with-black-cherry-sauce.html

I will sample yours also...

Savory looking piece of meat. If I had to guess you probably have a package or "ten" stashed in the freezer, maybe just enough to hold you over until you spot another in your crosshairs.

I am our butcher when hunting or fishing -
I am the knife guy.
I like to do it they don't, so be it. I butcher and fillet everything.
I get my Helly Hansen bibs, and proper knives - boots,
gut and butcher the venison, fillet the tuna and mahi and wahoo.
My friends like for me to gut the deer.
I took over because they would not properly
protect the Tenderloin inside the cavity -
THEY SLASHED!!!! NO! I am like a surgeon
slicing out the tenderest piece of meat......
I am really good and clean when gutting a deer.
You can get the heart and liver if you wish!

Nicely done, looks incredible.

Very nice. I think that you will agree that the key to cook it properly like that is to cook the muscle (back strap) whole, then slice.

Again, good job. Looks outstanding.

Looks perfect to me. I will add doves to the list of wild game that is best served rare to mid rare.

Wow that sucks! Around here there is no public land to speak of so if you don't know someone you tend to be in the same situation. A couple of years ago during a field trip to a farm a young kid got injured (not seriously) and the parents sued the farm owner. It was thrown out until it got to the state supreme court where they allowed a multi million dollar lawsuit. Every since then landowners and farmers are very cautious about letting anyone on their place. Sad....

Back