I'm Building a Pizza Oven...

This is awesome, I will do this one day...
0mKXcg1.gif

It doesn't look like you used the Perlite or am I seeing that wrong?

I did. It's in the concrete mix. Pretty much a 5 to 1 part mix. 5 parts perlite.

Hoping to get the stand together this weekend and it all put together. I was a tad under the weather last weekend and didn't even touch it.

^^^^^^ you can't leave us hanging I was just thinking about this thread and how it came out!

Sorry for the lack of updates. Had some inside home projects to wrap up (painting) before our rainy season starts. I should have some time this next weekend to get back on this.

My stand it cut and ready to be assembled and I have a friend cutting me a steel from from a template I made.

Stay tuned!

thanks I was thinking a bout this thread this am, look forward to progress updates

Any updates? I'm (somewhat) patiently waiting to see the finished product in action.

Looking forward to the progress. No better pie than a 45-60 second margarita imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it's been a few months, but I'm officially back at it. Started getting the lumber for the stand drilled out and ready to be stained today. We've had a long winter for us with upwards of 250% of our annual rainfall, so I haven't really felt the urge to work outside. On the plus side, the dome has been curing since October!

I do have a bad ass oven door that a friend of mine made for me. Pics to come...

Stay tuned!!!

Subscribed! Can't wait for more pics and the final result. I'm planning to do something similar whenever I get back to TX!

Thank you so much for undertaking and documenting this project so the rest of us can learn what works and what doesn't (like expanding foam - that is absolutely something I would have tried!)

I want to see more, this has been a pretty cool build.

Your pic is hilarious.

I think I may need to build a side table too. I'll need some work space.

I should have some pics to post this weekend. Right now it's just the dome and a bunch of 4x4s drilled for the lag bolts. My goal is to be cooking pizza by April 15th.

Back