***Vote - SPECIAL - BBQ Brethren "Noobians vs. Veterans, Season 3" Throwdown!!! - VOTE***

Yes, honor system. These things are meant to be fun. As soon as some jack-wagon starts screwing with the system, that fun goes away. Due to the limitations of the forum software, we have to run this on an outside service that is more open to manipulation. Please be respectful of this and don't do it. That is not what this place and the Throwdown section is about...

Yes, honor system. These things are meant to be fun. As soon as some jack-wagon starts screwing with the system, that fun goes away. Due to the limitations of the forum software, we have to run this on an outside service that is more open to manipulation. Please be respectful of this and don't do it. That is not what this place and the Throwdown section is about...

I know you have already set your pole so Im not asking it to be switched just making a suggestion for future LARGE poles.

Since this was a verses throwdown, Vets verses Noobs, It would have been fun to see them split into the two groups (you could have a vets winner and a Noob winner) and then (lets say) the top 5 from each group go into a playoff to pick the overall winner. This way you might be able to get both groups into the original voting system eliminating survey monkey all together.

After saying all that I wonder if splitting it into two groups would still have been too big for our voting system?

I know you have already set your pole so Im not asking it to be switched just making a suggestion for future LARGE poles.

Since this was a verses throwdown, Vets verses Noobs, It would have been fun to see them split into the two groups (you could have a vets winner and a Noob winner) and then (lets say) the top 5 from each group go into a playoff to pick the overall winner. This way you might be able to get both groups into the original voting system eliminating survey monkey all together.

After saying all that I wonder if splitting it into two groups would still have been too big for our voting system?
I hear ya, Ray! No one way seems to be the perfect solution for these.

It would have been too big still since the forum only allows up to 50 and was almost an issue last year doing it that way resulting in a noob/vet tie which was an almost certainty by design since everyone could vote in each group, so it was always tied until one person only voted in one. The way it is setup this year, it is less likely to occur and by not identifying vet/noob in the poll, it is a bit less obvious, though if you are familiar with the TDs, you will easily find the info. In the end, the votes will be tallied for each group with the winner being the one with the most votes.

Will certainly take another look at this prior to the next one. It is not perfect this way, but it was posted this way in the entry thread so we went in this direction.

I kind of like the way it's set up. It makes for a free for all.

We had two groups last year and everyone voted for one in each group, so it was a tie for the team winner until someone only voted for one entry, not one in each group :doh:

I don't even remember making those entries

Massive effort putting that together Peeps!

Waste of time though. I just voted for Guerry... those ribs. Man. I like those ribs.

I will take one of everything to go please!! No mater what the turn out is this was fun to take part in.

Massive effort putting that together Peeps!

Waste of time though. I just voted for Guerry... those ribs. Man. I like those ribs.

I can send you some, but customs is going to be a beeatch. Hows the black market shipping there? :decision::grin:

Some fine work to choose from, its hard to put noobian loyalties aside for an impartial vote!

Heres to the new order!

Wait. That's going under the assumption that there was order, of any kind, in the first place...

Every time there's a throwdown I think to myself "Man I should have entered SOMETHING".

But, not this time! There are some seriously great entries here. I usually can narrow it to three fast, but this will take and hour or so! Great job to ALL involved!!

Back