Best everyday backyard charcoal cooker.........Other than a Weber.

I keed... I keed..

THIS is my new cooker!!!

:biggrin1:

Yea, I know, all those great suggestions and in the end...
I went Weber.

Go figure.

Last edited:
Another Kamado vote here. I have the Primo Oval XL and can feed a small army with it.

For versatility, get a Ceramic. Can do it all. Yes, they weigh a bit more (think of it as greater stability), but you will be happy with the results.

Dude, man up and buy a kamado then come back and thank us later. :-D

I also vote Kamado... Loving my oval xl!

I'm with Moose - my Vision (which I was lucky to score for $249) has been an amazing cooker so far. I started using mine last fall and cooked on it all winter so far. As much as I love my Webers (I've got a 22", 18", Smokey Joe and a Weber Q), I think they will be sitting idle most of the summer. The kamado is so much more efficient and turns out great food. The only downfall that I can see to my Vision is I'm going to want a larger sized kamado at some point.

I don't see parting with my Smokey Mountain cooker, I'll still use it for larger cooks, bacon makin' and such but the Vision will see more use than any other grill I own this summer. :thumb:

The Kamado almost won.
I looked at the Acorn and the Vision. Both were real nice looking cookers, but in the end I found the Copper Performer in my buggy and I couldn't be happier!

Interesting responses, to "other than a weber". I have Jumbo Joe, 22.5, WSM 22.5 and the Ranch Kettle. I'm nearly an empty nester w/ 4 older kids and if not a weber I would look at the PK Grill or Hasty Bake. PK Grill for simplicity. Good reviews and a nice practical size.

Interesting responses, to "other than a weber". I have Jumbo Joe, 22.5, WSM 22.5 and the Ranch Kettle. I'm nearly an empty nester w/ 4 older kids and if not a weber I would look at the PK Grill or Hasty Bake. PK Grill for simplicity. Good reviews and a nice practical size.

I think a Hasty Bake is in my future for sure. :thumb:

That Hasty Bake looks cool! I night be interested in one of those some day! Wonder how well it smokes

So......

......this WAS a trick question, after all......

Apparently :icon_blush:

I was asking for suggestions, it didn't mean I was going to take any of them.
:loco:

I just couldn't walk out without this shiny new grill in my possession.

Last edited:
I love that color, almost bought one...Will sometime for sure. One thing though, do yourself a favor and get a rotisserie for it.

I hate to admit this, but my wife got me hooked onto Pinterest a while back. Unfortunately, after I built my UDS, I taught myself how to weld.

Combine looking at other grill/smokers that others have welded, with a new found hobby of welding, well, that says it all. BUILD YOUR OWN. When I'm ready for another, I'm going to build my own smoker/grill, to fit not only the space I'll use it in, but also make it to fit my own cooking needs.

Back