Assassin Grill

Keep the pics and info coming, I really like the looks of that cooker.

How is it holding temp? Does it seal up tight like a green egg or well built uds? Temp Control via air control?

I've always liked the looks of these for grills. Their website is a bit hard to follow. Is the base price for the 48 inch $750.00?

Gus are you using the V-Pan instead of the Water Pan?

I am So Sad to see a Red Door......!..... I really want one of these critters but with a UT Burnt Orange Door. :heh:

Arkansas State colors only here Smitty lol

So you ordered the inverted V Difusser? It runs in place of the water pan? Did you also get water pan.?

I have both I used the water pan this weekend going to try the diffuser next weekend.

How is it holding temp? Does it seal up tight like a green egg or well built uds? Temp Control via air control?
It seems to seal up good not sure if it's BGE tite

I've always liked the looks of these for grills. Their website is a bit hard to follow. Is the base price for the 48 inch $750.00?
. I think that's right I had some add on's

Gus are you using the V-Pan instead of the Water Pan?
Water pan

How did the biscuit test go?

Went good no serious hot spots But I will no more when I get time to cook more seasoning took up most of my time and fire so when I started cooking had to re add water and fire. But some chicken legs turned out good.

image.jpg

Hello Gus , nice cooker, could this smoker be set it and forget it with the guru add on ? and how much coal will it hold ?

Hello Gus , nice cooker, could this smoker be set it and forget it with the guru add on ? and how much coal will it hold ?

I will need more cooking time to figure things like this out. I think with a guru it could be a set and forget but not sure how long the burn times would be yet. Time will tell. I'm going to use the heat diverted this weekend and see what results I get from that.
I think if you filled the whole basket up it would hold 15lbs of charcoal.

I will need more cooking time to figure things like this out. I think with a guru it could be a set and forget but not sure how long the burn times would be yet. Time will tell. I'm going to use the heat diverted this weekend and see what results I get from that.
I think if you filled the whole basket up it would hold 15lbs of charcoal.

thanks Gus , i am thinking seriously about getting one of these

I just drove over and picked mine up today! For you guys that use it as a grill, how do you most effectively light the charcoal? Looking for a way to get high temp without taking forever.

I just drove over and picked mine up today! For you guys that use it as a grill, how do you most effectively light the charcoal? Looking for a way to get high temp without taking forever.

I prefer one chimney full for high heat, or snake method lit by one Weber cube and let it crawl.

Good choice. Be sure to come back & show it off when you get it.

Will do. Got the call today from UPS Freight, they are delivering to my office sometime tomorrow afternoon. Daughter having a baby on Friday so I may take a day or two to get back! :mrgreen:

yes guys please post pics of your new grills as I'm ordering something in the next two weeks

I really like this grill the more I cook on it. I don't use the water pan I like the heat shield better (truth be told I hated the water pan ) with that said I also got a Guru adapter end from Jeff to use A blower (BBQ Guru) this works out good for me when I'm busy and don't have time to monitor the cooker as close. I only use about 18 inches of the charcoal basket and get multiple hours of burn time and with the V shield you can stack the charcoal deeper than with the water pan.

I mostly use mine for ribs, chicken and loins but love how I can but 1/2 pans on the top rack while cooking meat on the bottom.

I think it would cook brisket great but for butts I think you would need to refuel it once. I need to cook some butts on it just to see what it would do as far as fuel consumption would be.

I ordered an Assassin 24 gravity fed smoker 6 weeks ago and will be ready next week. I'm so pumped to get it, and CANNOT wait to BBQ with it.:mod:

Back