BBQ side: Full Load Tater Salad

Bludawg

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I'm always on the hunt for a good side and tater salad is a favorite( who don't like meat & taters?) Today I wanted something out of the box that was cool with a fresh taste not your Mommas tater salad but something that make your taste buds do a Happy Dance until they pass out in multiple foodgasm. This is my take on a Full Loaded Baked Tater in a salad. Based on a Parmesan Peppercorn Ranch Dressing. Ya'll need to try this!!:thumb:

Blu's Full Load Tater Salad

3 lb russet taters peeled diced to 1" and boiled until tender drained and cooled

Blu's Homemade Ranch Dressing

1 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4-1/3 cup Buttermilk
1 garlic clove about the size of the first joint of your thumb (pressed)
1 Tabelspoon parsley flakes
1 1/2 teaspoons course black pepper( fresh cracked)
2 tbl fresh grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp onion powder

add all ingredients except for the buttermilk and blend well with and whisk add butter milk to get the desired thickness( make it a little thin the taters will suck up some moisture)

1 cup chopped celery
2/3 cup grated cheese( colby jack or cheddar)
4 slices bacon cooked crisp and crumbled

Mix it all together and chill for 3 hrs to blend the flavors

bludawg; thank's for posting that i will put it to the test tomorrow.

Nice, I am more of a mac salad guy.

Bet it would work.

Sounds fantastic. I'll have to put it in the rotation. Thanks!

This is going to be so good!!!!

Add cubed double smoked ham to that and it's no longer a side...
I'll be trying this one. :thumb:

Sounds good, bludawg! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

The parmesan cheese is an interesting twist that I haven't seen in a potato salad recipe. A nice counterpoint for ribs or chicken with a sweet sauce. I really like your take on potato salad and would prefer eating it warm or at room temperature, because that's how I like mine. I will give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

Hope you don't mind me sharing your recipe with some friends who love to challenge tradition.

Blu's Homemade Ranch Dressing

1 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4-1/3 cup Buttermilk
1 garlic clove about the size of the first joint of your thumb (pressed)
1 Tabelspoon parsley flakes
1 1/2 teaspoons course black pepper( fresh cracked)
2 tbl fresh grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp onion powder

add all ingredients except for the buttermilk and blend well with and whisk add butter milk to get the desired thickness( make it a little thin the taters will suck up some moisture)

I'm picturing this with some loaded chili/cheese fries. My cardiologist hates you.:laugh:

Back