Some Chickenfried Steak

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
A camp breakfast from a couple of weeks ago. I've made these before, they are easy and the campfire smoke adds a nice flavor to the meal.

cknfried%20steak%20breakfast%20004res_zpsyx4jlqto.jpg

made some biscuit dough..

cknfried%20steak%20breakfast%20006res_zpsjcgzfn7k.jpg

just patted out the biscuits by hand and cooked them in a skillet...

cknfried%20steak%20breakfast%20009res_zps6iuqs4ix.jpg

added a skillet of fried tatoes n onions...

cknfried%20steak%20breakfast%20010res_zpsa31zpsnk.jpg

cknfried%20steak%20breakfast%20019res_zpsvsr1evit.jpg

gave the steaks a quick egg/milk bath then dredged in seasoned flour..

cknfried%20steak%20breakfast%20021res_zpsjcxlbw7t.jpg

flipped the biscuits when they were puffy and brown on the bottom...

cknfried%20steak%20breakfast%20034res_zpsug3c2j0q.jpg

let the other side brown a bit..

cknfried%20steak%20breakfast%20042res_zpsc11mbxaq.jpg

fried the steaks til golden, then let them hang out on the fire to finish cooking and catch some smoke...

cknfried%20steak%20breakfast%20050res_zps060swev9.jpg

heated butter for the eggs..

cknfried%20steak%20breakfast%20052res_zpsaiaxuvsy.jpg

made skillet gravy with the drippin's...

cknfried%20steak%20breakfast%20054res_zpser1sdvdu.jpg

cknfried%20steak%20breakfast%20058res_zps7fgdpysq.jpg

cknfried%20steak%20breakfast%20070res_zpswhh0puku.jpg

pretty much time to eat.

cknfried%20steak%20breakfast%20083res_zpsl5ugtk3i.jpg

the chickenfried steak, egg, biscuit, fried tatoes and onions... and fruit.

cknfried%20steak%20breakfast%20086res_zpss4xotjuq.jpg

slapped some skillet gravy on top...

cknfried%20steak%20breakfast%20087res_zpsvjax3vqd.jpg

cknfried%20steak%20breakfast%20093res_zpsyuhigl4e.jpg

cknfried%20steak%20breakfast%20103res_zpsfs5i5to3.jpg

cknfried%20steak%20breakfast%20106res_zpsbad7r4ly.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Love me some of your chicken fried steak, Jeanie! And I've always been enamored by your biscuits in cast iron. Great looking cook in beautiful surroundings!

Killing me! Awesome as usual. Love chicken fried steak but the biscuits and gravy look even better.

Real live fire cooking at its best! Cast iron! Campfire grate! I can't wait for cooler weather to so I can break out all my gear and put my fire pit to use.

I think you got a bite on one of them rods! Top notch hittable as always, Jeanie!

Bob

That's how it's done! Loving all of that Jeanie - I haven't had CFS in a while & just came off a wild eating spree - but I gotta remember this for my next food freakout - can't wait! It's really hard to beat CFS, gravy, and biscuits!

Don't have it that often but one of my favorite things to eat. Drooling over here neighbor and I ate just a bit ago. Wow!

Love me some of your chicken fried steak, Jeanie! And I've always been enamored by your biscuits in cast iron. Great looking cook in beautiful surroundings!

Thank you James! :grin:

Oh sweet jeebus palimino, I need to make a road trip!:-D

Thanks Texmex! I'm going again Sunday, bring your tent and cooler. :grin:

Killing me! Awesome as usual. Love chicken fried steak but the biscuits and gravy look even better.

Thank you Paul! I think I could live on biscuits and gravy. :grin:

Real live fire cooking at its best! Cast iron! Campfire grate! I can't wait for cooler weather to so I can break out all my gear and put my fire pit to use.

I think you got a bite on one of them rods! Top notch hittable as always, Jeanie!

Bob

I've missed you and your cookin' Bob. Hope all is well Brother. :grin:
Thanks!

That's how it's done! Loving all of that Jeanie - I haven't had CFS in a while & just came off a wild eating spree - but I gotta remember this for my next food freakout - can't wait! It's really hard to beat CFS, gravy, and biscuits!

I'd trade for any one of the meals you've had these last couple of weeks Greg. Looked like an amazing month for you!! Thanks! :grin:

Don't have it that often but one of my favorite things to eat. Drooling over here neighbor and I ate just a bit ago. Wow!

Thanks Neighbor! I don't even know what you cooked for supper tonight, but I'd trade you in a heartbeat. lol Bet it was super nommy! :mrgreen:

There is one thing wrong with this post.................................. No wait two things!

1. I wasn't there to help cook and eat it!
2. Seems Cornbread would be a great addition to the whole meal.

haha, really just kidding about 2.. but the first thing I thought of when I seen the post was cornbread.

Looks fantastic! If I get some more wood delivered I'll be cooking on open fire a bit more often before winter sets in!

Thanks Neighbor! I don't even know what you cooked for supper tonight, but I'd trade you in a heartbeat. lol Bet it was super nommy! :mrgreen:

Don't know about that. :biggrin1: I was tired tonight and it was breakfast for dinner type of deal. Some homemade bacon, taters and eggs in the CI. :noidea:

Outstanding looking meal! Like you mentioned- you've done that before. You made it look simple but the timing takes experience to have it turn out like that. Looks absolutely delicious!!! Great pics to boot.

Lord have mercy sister. You have every fat guy on the forum licking the screen. Myself included. As always, simply impressive.

I should of never opened this thread.. Wow! Do you have room for me and my camper out there? Love to show down on your creative dishes

Back