Thermometers

Drh7003

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Over the years I have had a few thermometers. My hog roaster has a tel tru dial, which is fairly accurate for an analog thermometer. I have two BBQ gurus and I have used a few others:
The first digital I bought at Lowe's:
808_detail_1_1.jpg

The second was at Bed Bath and Beyond:
10038811720307p

My current remote thermometer is a chef alarm from Thermoworks. My wife and kids got it for me for Fathers Day:
chefalarm_yellow_d_aa.jpg

Of course, I also have a thermapen, and a few other Taylor digitals I gathered over the years. I really like Thermoworks products.

Have that same Taylor Weekend Warrior from Lowes but mine is gray. Have not used it since getting a Thermapen & TW8060 last summer.

Bought 3 Chef Alarms and 2 Thermopops for gifts last Christmas. ThermoWorks makes good stuff

Yep, I like my Thermapen also. I have been looking at the alarm you pictured but I can't help but think that the lead on the probe isn't long enough. Any issues?

Yep, I like my Thermapen also. I have been looking at the alarm you pictured but I can't help but think that the lead on the probe isn't long enough. Any issues?
The Chef Alarm probe cords are about 4' long (foot longer than Maverick). ThermoWorks ThermaQ & TW8060 K-type cords are 6 1/2' long.

Back