Boston Area

Big Kahuna

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
My son and his girlfriend are heading down to Boston this weekend. They will be staying in the Peabody/Salem area and they were wondering if any of the Brethren folk would have any recommendations on a good BBQ place in that area or a restaurant that they really need to check out. They don't have a lot of money but are fans of "Triple D" and love going to out of the way places to get some good local food. Any suggestions will be welcomed.

If they're driving down, one place I did used to like going ... uhhhh, I think it's been decades now :roll: was the Colonial Inn in Concord. It's right where the Old North Bridge is located, first shots of the revolution and all that. It's been around since 1716 and where a number of historic figures used to hang out -- I think Longfellow and Thoreau both wrote there.

Thank you gentlemen will forward this off to my son. They had a rough start to their vacation, had a blown tire about 10 miles out of town. Hope things have picked up since then, cheers.

Pigtrip is a good resource for sure. I'll second his recommendation for Blue Ribbon if they get to the Newton area. It was my favorite in 4+yrs of living there.

Back